Author Topic: What have you fettled today?  (Read 2191427 times)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
Re: What have you fettled today?
« Reply #19000 on: 15 May, 2024, 11:28:53 pm »
… Finally set off about two hours after I'd intended…
Oh this. So very much this.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #19001 on: 16 May, 2024, 02:11:17 pm »
Assembled my new bandsaw and set it up ready for some woodworking stuff (x ref Confessions of a tool junkie)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19002 on: 16 May, 2024, 03:27:38 pm »
Health to use it, as me Da would say.  Bandsaws are wonderful when they work properly.  If yours works well I might persuade MrsT that I really need a new one.

Meanwhile, I have cut the Roadmorph mount off the Trek and remounted it with 4 cable ties and many swears so that it won't might not come adrift and make like a happy flasher on our next outing.  And swapped the chain for a freshly-waxed one.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #19003 on: 16 May, 2024, 04:36:55 pm »
Cut 1.5cm off each side the handlebars on my newly flat-barred Van Nic Yukon (not with the bandsaw mentioned up-thread  ;D ;D) - and fitted very expensive Ergon grips/barends.   

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19004 on: Yesterday at 04:26:05 pm »
Marked up some wood for my long-delayed kitchen island, got the table saw set up, felt peckish, came in for a pear and didn't go out again.  Mañana.

« Reply #19005 on: Yesterday at 09:01:32 pm »
I removed the forks from the Hack bike. They were bent back when I cycled into an Amazon delivery van last week, oops. Surprisingly the front wheel is ok and the frame around the head tube looks ok. My injuries have healed very well although I have developed a floater in my right eye after the blow to my head.

« Reply #19006 on: Yesterday at 09:21:11 pm »
I removed the forks from the Hack bike. They were bent back when I cycled into an Amazon delivery van last week, oops. Surprisingly the front wheel is ok and the frame around the head tube looks ok. My injuries have healed very well although I have developed a floater in my right eye after the blow to my head.
If you have not been to A & E, or an optician, since the accident, do so.
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

« Reply #19007 on: Today at 08:53:18 am »
The kind policeman took me down to A & E. After I mentioned the floater a head CT scan confirmed things ok. At home I did notice some flashing around the outside of the eye, it hasn't happened since.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

« Reply #19008 on: Today at 09:44:26 am »
Flashing and floaters indicate PVDs.

It should be monitored, you should have been refered to the eye department. I am sure if you mention the flashing and floater problem to either an optician or a GP they will refer you.
"Ott's Law states that the worst weather will coincide with the worst part (for that weather) of any planned ride"

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19009 on: Today at 09:56:26 am »
You can get what look like flashes around the periphery of your visual field from just a slightly increased flow of tears.  All the same, an optician's opinion would be good, above all to ensure that your retinae are in order.  Re PVDs, I have crabbed-age-related PVDs in both eyes, and although they're "interesting" when they're happening, over time they disappear and your eyes revert to more-or-less normal. I do still have a slightly reduced visual field to the lower right, though, but it has never bothered me.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #19010 on: Today at 10:02:45 am »
For decades and just occasionally, maybe only every six months or so, and after a really life-affirming dump, I get pretty fireworks, like bright wiggles travelling outwards.  I wish there was some way to recreate these on demand.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #19011 on: Today at 10:05:38 am »
For decades and just occasionally, maybe only every six months or so, and after a really life-affirming dump, I get pretty fireworks, like bright wiggles travelling outwards.  I wish there was some way to recreate these on demand.

Have you tried figs, or failing that laxatives?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #19012 on: Today at 10:45:14 am »
My eye dept advised on what I should avoid doing, because I suffered with PVDs, possibly as an effect of Covid, in 2022.

Ignorance, I would say, in this instance, may not be bliss, long term.

rr

« Reply #19013 on: Today at 11:36:20 am »
Yet another repair to my front longboad, it was cracking at the fork attachment point.
Existing rivets drill off, aluminium strip riveted to the mudguard to carry the attachment.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #19014 on: Today at 11:42:56 am »
Unable to sleep so continued tweaking Stuffs to jbex with American Truck Simulator until actually testing 'em was unlikely to wake the neighbours.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #19015 on: Today at 11:54:16 am »

LSD?  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche