Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751192 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #3050 on: 17 May, 2012, 10:52:52 am »
ps: it was good to see you... how could I miss with all of those lights

I hate being ignored!

« Reply #3051 on: 17 May, 2012, 10:57:57 am »
ps: it was good to see you... how could I miss with all of those lights

I hate being ignored!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3052 on: 17 May, 2012, 05:36:35 pm »
Something tells me we should be going here quite soon  ;D

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #3053 on: 18 May, 2012, 05:45:14 pm »
I was in the White Horse in Chelmsford last night, its round the back of the station. Good range of beers and a selection of pickled eggs.

Thought you lot would like to know.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3054 on: 18 May, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »
I'm wondering whether we've been neglecting the City of Chelmsford. And then of course there's bobb's idea regarding the Army & Navy flyover.

bloomers100

« Reply #3055 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
Whenever I see pickled eggs I immediately think of OD. Wassat all about?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3056 on: 18 May, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

Whenever I see pickled eggs I immediately think of OD. Wassat all about?

Sorry about that.  ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3057 on: 20 May, 2012, 03:37:50 pm »
It is because he is a good egg who is mostly pickled.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3058 on: 21 May, 2012, 09:09:56 am »
The 'Tour Series' city centre race is on in Colchester on the evening of Thursday 7th June - a possible venue for a MEMWNS? It could be train or car assisted if necessary.....see new thread.....

« Reply #3059 on: 21 May, 2012, 09:28:09 am »
I'm wondering whether we've been neglecting the City of Chelmsford. And then of course there's bobb's idea regarding the Army & Navy flyover.

I have spent a large percentage of my life in The White Horse  :P It has recently change hands (again) and seems pretty good again. I've only been in once recently and it was rammed. It was St Patricks day and apparantly the new people are Irish. I didn't notice the pickled eggs.

I haven't been to The Ale House, but I know токамак went there recently. It is right next door to The Cave should you require that sort of entertainment  :P

I think my idea of riding over the A&M flyover would get me into lots of trouble. That's all the local rags seem to talk about at the moment as so many people seem incapable of seeing the no entry signs. There have been a number of incidents recently (including a death) where idiots have driven the wrong way over it. I can just imagine the "Lunatic on Bicycle..." headlines  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3060 on: 21 May, 2012, 10:59:36 am »
The 'Tour Series' city centre race is on in Colchester on the evening of Thursday 7th June - a possible venue for a MEMWNS? It could be train or car assisted if necessary.....see new thread.....
Oh yes, definitely - I shall attend that one (rude not to) and might even bring Poppy the dog if I can cope with the barking in my ear the five miles to Colchester.

The pub we all assembled at last time  (Goat and Boot?) is still around but the Clarendon, just past Eastgates Level Crossing, has now closed.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #3061 on: 22 May, 2012, 11:01:38 am »
Something tells me we should be going here quite soon  ;D
I haven't been to The Ale House, but I know токамак went there recently.

It doesn't have much character, but it does have a massive range of beers from all over. I was particularly delighted to find bottled Brugse Zot - which brought back memories (mostly funny) of a ruinous tour through Flemish Belgium that bobb and I undertook a few years back. They also had bottled Coopers Sparkling Ale, from South Australia, which I used to get smashed on when I lived in Sydney.

I guess you could lock the bikes up at the train station just over the road, although I'd probably want to keep popping out to check on them!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3062 on: 30 May, 2012, 12:09:24 pm »
It has been pointed out by TCMH that since the weather has improved that MEMWNS rides have been sparse given that there was activity through all other weather conditions.......I'm sure that will be rectified soon  ::-)
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3063 on: 30 May, 2012, 12:28:08 pm »
Regrettably I'm way too busy this evening and on holiday next week.  Sorry folks!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3064 on: 30 May, 2012, 04:30:23 pm »
Aren't we MEMWNSing it to Colchester for the Tour Series next Thursday (6 June)? Tomsk was arranging it, I believe.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #3065 on: 30 May, 2012, 07:01:12 pm »
It has been pointed out by TCMH that since the weather has improved that MEMWNS rides have been sparse given that there was activity through all other weather conditions.......I'm sure that will be rectified soon  ::-)
It's odd isn't it?
I'm going to make up my own MEMWNS, substituting ME for SEE, and go to the Paglesham pubs. I might even have a beer!  :o
I leave at 2000 and expect to arrive at Pag. East. ~2030-45ish PM this evening.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3066 on: 30 May, 2012, 10:47:49 pm »
Well, Del and I are in the Shepherd and Dog, well into pint no. 4. Isn't summer wonderful?

« Reply #3067 on: 31 May, 2012, 12:25:10 am »
A splendid evening in the company of Wowbagger. 34 km for me and two pints of Black Tom, at the Punch Bowl, and 1.5 of Dovetail, at the Shepherd and Dog, I wimped out of the whole fourth pint  :-[! Wow had "Wibbly" Lion,  ::-) or something like it, that ended with "Lion". I have several mozzi bites, including one on my scalp, although I got that particular bastard and the mozzi on my right forearm, giant feckers they were too, as big sparrows they were!!!  :o
A nice cool evening after the heat of the day. A pleasant breeze and little traffic on the road. The off road bit on the return through Stambridge Mill was a big larf. Half cut offroading on tour bikes FTW!  ::-)

I can't sleep yet so here are the pics. No pickled eggs or other bar type snacks!  :facepalm:

At the Punchbowl.

At the Shepherd and Dog. Wow, multitasking, posts on the forum.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3068 on: 31 May, 2012, 01:46:04 am »
Spodalicious!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3069 on: 31 May, 2012, 07:33:25 am »
Well at least someone managed to uphold the Wednesday night tradition. Well done the south Essex mob!

I like Wow's special smart phone gloves.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3070 on: 12 June, 2012, 11:56:02 am »
Anyone up for a more miles, less beer  :o  spin tomorrow night?  I don't want to be late back and can make an early start if required.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3071 on: 12 June, 2012, 12:13:12 pm »
Anyone up for a more miles, less beer  :o  spin tomorrow night?  I don't want to be late back and can make an early start if required.
Sounds good - to continue the Hilly 400k training  :facepalm:
To be on the safe side and allow necessary faffing time I could be available from 6pm.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #3072 on: 12 June, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »
To be on the safe side and allow necessary faffing time I could be available from 6pm.

:thumbsup:  Fancy checking out what goes on at Heybridge Basin via TMNH?  Also, any idea when my new chain is arriving?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #3073 on: 12 June, 2012, 12:28:01 pm »

:thumbsup:  Fancy checking out what goes on at Heybridge Basin via TMNH?  Also, any idea when my new chain is arriving?
TCMT-H and friend went to Heybridge Basin on Sunday whilst we were out in the other direction - apparently cream teas and ice cream go on there  ::-)  A trip there would be interesting!

Your chain, my new  >:( tyre and spare inner tubes are with someone picking their nose in Ribble's warehouse, they may arrive Wednesday, Thursday or Friday but not sure which week!!

bloomers100

« Reply #3074 on: 12 June, 2012, 07:03:52 pm »
Jolly sailor is at Heybridge, I was asked to stop singing in there once. Poss Xmas do venue, campsite nearby. Do a recce.