Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1751152 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #8475 on: 21 December, 2015, 10:07:07 am »
Regular are fine.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8476 on: 21 December, 2015, 10:39:14 am »
Regular are fine.
Posting this here as the semi serious riding thread...
Bike/helmet hire = £10
Shoe hire (Look Keo cleats) = £6
Mitts hire = £3

Are the mitts some special type or will regular cycling short finger gloves suffice?
As Jen says, regular mitts or full finger gloves are fine, you just have to wear something on your hands, so don't forget to bring something :)
Also be aware that they advise wearing of two upper layers, shorts or close fitting longs are okay on the lower limbs.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8477 on: 21 December, 2015, 01:50:12 pm »
Room to squeeze in one more MEMWNS ride before Christmas? 
Nomination for a destination - The Compasses at Great Totham to maybe revisit the Christmas edition of that brew which is still fermenting, if there's any left?!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8478 on: 21 December, 2015, 05:47:10 pm »
Room to squeeze in one more MEMWNS ride before Christmas? 
Nomination for a destination - The Compasses at Great Totham to maybe revisit the Christmas edition of that brew which is still fermenting, if there's any left?!

I'll probably be up North, I have a revenge date with a hill at some point and then a ride down to Slurrey post Xmas - might align over the festive break but looks unlikely to Happy Xmas to you all now :)
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #8479 on: 22 December, 2015, 01:21:29 pm »
Sounds good :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8480 on: 22 December, 2015, 01:44:38 pm »
It seems our respective WAGS have arranged other plans for OD and myself this Wednesday, and I thought they were better trained than to organise stuff for us on a Wednesday, clearly remedial training required in the new year!!
So unfortunately I won't be awheel this week after all  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #8481 on: 22 December, 2015, 02:10:47 pm »
It seems our respective WAGS have arranged other plans for OD and myself this Wednesday, and I thought they were better trained than to organise stuff for us on a Wednesday, clearly remedial training required in the new year!!
So unfortunately I won't be awheel this week after all  :facepalm:

Never miss a chance to drink sherry!

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #8482 on: 24 December, 2015, 06:09:18 pm »

Yeah we now you bought this off my boy a few years back

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8483 on: 27 December, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »
Atmospheric!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8484 on: 30 December, 2015, 10:05:51 am »
Bump!

Members OTP I have on the expressed interest and those that have parted with £20 of virtual or real beer tokens (indicated in an obvious way) list are:
huggy :thumbsup:, Tomsk :thumbsup:, Oscar's Dad :thumbsup:, Oaky :thumbsup:, tippers_kiwi :thumbsup:, Andy C33, bobb :thumbsup:, Carlosfandango, tedshred :thumbsup:, Beer Fuelled Commuter, Beer Fuelled Commuter +1, Doggers Lane, jiberjaber  :thumbsup:, trainmanbri :thumbsup:, Danbury Dogger :thumbsup:

Virtual tokens can be sent by PayPal to grant at huggys dot co dot uk

I currently have at least 8 6 4 more places up to be grabbed for any others that are interested; @tippers any interest from Tiptree Velo you know of yet?

If everyone from this list comes we will have 20+ participants therefore I have requested a second instructor for the evening, so there will be two groups maybe split on an experience of track/fixed wheel riding and novices of both skills.

ETA:  A second instructor has been confirmed.  I have paid the initial £320 hire & one instructor fee to the VeloPark from your deposits, £100 outstanding to pay for the 2nd instructor plus your bike & shoe hire fees.  The closer we can get to filling the 30 available spaces the more economical it will become for everyone.

UPDATE: Total of 30 places, 24 26 places reserved, 17 deposits paid plus three confirmed promises.

Posting this here as the semi serious riding thread...

Okay, the time has come to finalise numbers and pay deposits for the venue hire for the Witham Cycling track taster event at the Lee Valley VeloPark on Wednesday 13th January at 20:00. Please note that original stated cost was me working under the incorrect assumption of us having a hour on the track, we in fact have two hours of fun so the track & coach hire is slightly higher but with good numbers we should be able to keep it to around £30 including equipment hire charges.
Out of the upper limit of 30 cycling participant places available so far I have positive interest expressed by 22. I am now open to receiving commitment emails and £20 deposits for the venue hire and two coaches (that's training coaches not vehicles!).
To state commitment to taking up a place please email me at
grant at huggys dot co dot uk
Also, if not seeing me in person in the next couple of weeks I'll be happy to take PayPal payments of £20 as deposit towards the venue & coach hires, to the same email address - grant at huggys dot co dot uk
If you need to send payment another way such as cheque or bank transfer I can let you know details on request.
The deposit will cover the fixed cost for the booking and depending upon numbers will go some way to covering bike/helmet and shoe hire. Bikes & shoe requirements can be determined closer to the time either payable to me when invoiced or arranged individually with the VeloPark but must be done before the day.

Bike/helmet hire = £10
Shoe hire (Look Keo cleats) = £6
Mitts hire = £3

Travel to Lee Valley VeloPark at your own cost, please note that we need to be there by [EDIT] 19:00 for safety briefing, bike fitting etc before the start of the 2 hour session at 20:00.

Members OTP I have on the expressed interest list are:
huggy, Tomsk, Oscar's Dad, Oaky, tippers_kiwi, Andy C33, bobb, Carlosfandango, tedshred, Beer Fuelled Commuter, Doggers Lane, jiberjaber
plus 9 others from the WC Facebook group.

Anyone else reading this thread who would like to join us please contact me as above, first come first served up to the total number of 30 cycling participants.  WAGS, other family and friends are welcome with no charge to watch from the seats.

« Reply #8485 on: 30 December, 2015, 02:31:11 pm »
Any takers for a trip to the other Compasses this evening - ie Totham ?

Wind is supposed to drop around teatime.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8486 on: 30 December, 2015, 02:35:10 pm »
Any takers for a trip to the other Compasses this evening - ie Totham ?
I can't I'm afraid, my have another WAG organised evening planned  :facepalm:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8487 on: 30 December, 2015, 03:26:08 pm »
Still in Slurry :(
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #8488 on: 30 December, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »
Family visiting.

« Reply #8489 on: 02 January, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »
Early bid for making this the week we finally make it to the Totham Compasses.  I realise it isn't close enough to a station for some of you but it would be nice to  trundle over there perhaps as a micro arrows.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8490 on: 03 January, 2016, 03:45:02 pm »
Totham Compasses  :thumbsup: despite Wednesday being Ye Actual Feast of Ye Epiphany...should be going to the Crown/Star/King etc

« Reply #8491 on: 03 January, 2016, 03:57:54 pm »
Good point.

Any suggestions ?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8492 on: 03 January, 2016, 08:42:55 pm »
The Old Crown in Messing, Rose & Crown, Gt Waltham, or the Star, Ingatestone?

Searching around, there are 2 'Three Kings' pubs in London and another in Sandwich, Kent. Another in Threekingham, [geddit?!], just off the 'Flatlands' route!

« Reply #8493 on: 03 January, 2016, 09:37:52 pm »
Crown in Messing gets my vote.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #8494 on: 04 January, 2016, 09:45:30 am »
I shall be on my way back from a day trip (work) to Dublin so The Do will be my first ride in 2016 - see you all then  :thumbsup:

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #8495 on: 04 January, 2016, 10:09:36 am »
I should be able to make The Crown.  :thumbsup:

Time to dust the cobwebs off the bike.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #8496 on: 04 January, 2016, 10:54:38 am »
I can probably manage The clown Crown, might even try it on Tubeless! ;D I am not drinking but I am told I am as much fun sober as drunk....not that I see it myself!

« Reply #8497 on: 04 January, 2016, 02:15:37 pm »
Do we want a route ?

« Reply #8498 on: 04 January, 2016, 04:42:32 pm »
I am going to be antisocial and meet y'all there

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #8499 on: 04 January, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »
If I make it out it may be solo by the direct route.  The in-laws are arriving Wednesday to visit the new puppy and help paint, probably a good excuse for a ride  ::-)

BTW, if you haven't paid your deposit for the Velodrome and not confirmed recently that you are going to be there please let me know if you will be there next week.