Author Topic: Kingdom of the East Saxons 400  (Read 14789 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Kingdom of the East Saxons 400
« Reply #75 on: 05 July, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »
Excellent! They were a great control :)
Regards,

Joergen

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #76 on: 07 July, 2016, 09:40:53 am »
It always takes me a couple of days at least to gather my thoughts and write them down semi-coherently.  Here's my ride report,, with pictures:

www.16inchwheels.uk/2016/07/02/kingdom-of-the-east-saxons-400

A successful completion of Tom's rather nice new 400km event, plus 200km ECE to make it a round 600km for my Essex SR badge sans Flatlands  :smug:

Many thanks to Tom for the organising the route and the event and to all his helpers on the days.  I was particularly impressed with Alotronic's mum, who travelled all the way from Australia to help out; with The Straggler (?), who greeted us back at sleep-o'clock, only to get up and ride the Garboldisham Groveller himself the following day; and with the two young mini-tippers, who were still stamping cards well past the witching hour when they should've been in bed.  It felt odd to be chatting with fhoot without bhoot "in tow" so to speak*, and I had to keep looking over my shoulder  ;)

I haven't organised anything above 200km yet, so I'm yet to experience the additional hassles of overnight support, but I understand the organisation level is up another notch or two, so well done to Tom for a successful first running of this event with so much TLC  :thumbsup:

Next up Hereward the Wake in a week's time.

* As so often with tandem couples, you do get the feeling the engine room's really in charge ... I'm just saying  :-*
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

JB

« Reply #77 on: 08 July, 2016, 08:51:29 am »
Great write up Nick - brought back good memories of the weekend!