Author Topic: Airnimals  (Read 2685 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Airnimals
« on: 10 October, 2019, 02:30:03 pm »
Anyone near me got an airnimal I could have a poke around at and possibly a test run? I'm thinking about getting hold of one of these and woudl like to trial ride first.

If not, I'll see whether Airnimal themselves would help, as they aren't far away themselves
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

rob

Re: Airnimals
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2019, 03:35:34 pm »
I have one that has been in the loft for about 5 years.   I can't vouch for how well it runs.

I might go up there this weekend for a look around.

ElyDave

« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »
had a call with the folks at airnimal yesterday.  Will head down and see them when I get a chance, and they will happily lend a bike out for a couple of hours or so, or hire for longer with the money refunded against any purchase.

Now need to find a gap in my diary

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2019, 10:14:03 pm »
Dave,

I know you think its obvious from the handle where you mean when you say 'near me', but not necessarily so to the rest of the world.

btw. It's also a place in Cardiff, several towns in the USA, a surname and also a first name.

ElyDave

« Reply #4 on: 16 October, 2019, 10:22:30 pm »
I know it's a place in Cardiff, and I've actually been there as well. And there is a bloke in the local cycling club with the surname.

To remove all ambiguity, I'm talking about the Ship of the Fens, Ely, Cambs, UK.  Airnimal are about 20 miles or so from me.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 17 October, 2019, 12:44:13 pm »
This reminds me of the revelation that essexian OTP is actually called Ian...

« Reply #6 on: 17 October, 2019, 12:58:37 pm »
I'm not local enough to be of much help, but if you're ever around Derby you'd be welcome to a go on my Joey, though you haven't said which model Airnimal you're interested in.
I like mine, I would even if it didn't fold, it's a lot of fun to ride, a bit slower than my other bikes though it's not something that bothers me.  I've used it for a couple of tours and it's comfortable enough to ride all day.    I'm tempted to have a go at a 200 Audax on it.  Fold isn't fast and the resulting package isn't particularly small or easily carried, I wouldn't want to be doing it on a daily commute, but it's fine for my use.  The other advantage is the one size fits all, visitors no longer have lack of bike as an excuse not to come for a ride. 

ElyDave

« Reply #7 on: 17 October, 2019, 06:37:41 pm »
This reminds me of the revelation that essexian OTP is actually called Ian...

Oscar's Dad asked me, incredulously if I was actually from Ely.  Turns out he's not actually Oscar's Dad