Author Topic: Minecraft login  (Read 990 times)

Minecraft login
« on: 18 February, 2021, 10:29:54 am »
My wife got Minecraft Pocket Edition for my son about 5 years ago.  We're trying to set it up on the Windows laptop and would ideally like not to have to buy again - but we have no idea about login/password as we never had to on pocket edition.
Not making any sense of the support on the minecraft site as it assumes you have a login.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Re: Minecraft login
« Reply #1 on: 18 February, 2021, 12:15:21 pm »
My understanding is that pocket edition was for phones & tablets so you'll need to buy the windows version.

« Reply #2 on: 18 February, 2021, 02:55:30 pm »
^ Figured that might be the case
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #3 on: 18 February, 2021, 03:05:19 pm »
You could run the Android version in an emulator on your PC. Seems it works with Bluestacks. https://www.bluestacks.com/

Don't know how it compares to the proper PC version.

« Reply #4 on: 18 February, 2021, 03:05:29 pm »
My understanding is that pocket edition was for phones & tablets so you'll need to buy the windows version.

Yep that’s it.

There is much more to do in the PC version though.  :thumbsup:
Don't ask.

« Reply #5 on: 18 February, 2021, 03:36:55 pm »

Yep that’s it.

There is much more to do in the PC version though.  :thumbsup:

That's going to lead on to the whole bedrock vs Java debate!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6 on: 23 February, 2021, 06:39:30 pm »
I’m sulking with Minecraft at the moment. There is what appears to be a long standing issue with on iOS in that it randomly refuses to open any worlds or create new ones. Or rather, it randomly allows you to open a world. I suspect there’s a process that allows a greater level,of success in opening a world, but I’ve yet to find it.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.