Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2450673 times)

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #19875 on: 04 April, 2015, 07:21:01 pm »
Lying on the sofa after this morning's club ride and an afternoon wandering around town.

The problem is, I'm too comfortable (and lazy) to get up and get some dinner.  :facepalm:

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #19876 on: 04 April, 2015, 07:24:11 pm »
Waiting for a well-earned curry to be delivered.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #19877 on: 05 April, 2015, 04:08:31 am »
Waiting for a well-earned curry to be delivered.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #19878 on: 05 April, 2015, 09:01:06 am »
 ;D
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #19879 on: 06 April, 2015, 03:37:43 pm »
After a day and a half of laying a laminate flooring in the hall/passageway I'm happy to say I've now got the hang of it.  Which is useless as I've just finished.  Still, I'm very pleased with the results of my efforts, particularly with the gittish bits in door thresholds and the like.
Friday and Saturday were spent doing a mamouth shop and then 2 tonnes of gravel/chippings barrowed from the builders bags, spread, raked and levelled.
Next this afternoon, the bloody lawn mower.

I can't wait to get back to work for a rest!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Chris S

« Reply #19880 on: 07 April, 2015, 09:14:00 am »
Cleaning up after a rather spectacular nose bleed  :sick:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #19881 on: 07 April, 2015, 09:49:21 am »
Jibbling audio files to include the year of release/recording into the folder name.  It is slow going, but quick enough to keep ahead of the job which backs 'em up, which is getting confused.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #19882 on: 12 April, 2015, 12:48:16 pm »
Having a massive headache.  Probably dehydration, as I slept for about 13 hours after yesteray's headwind-a-thon revealed quite how much I'm lacking in fitness.

The only thing that doesn't hurt is my knee.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #19883 on: 12 April, 2015, 01:47:39 pm »
Looking at my newly truncated Thomson Elite seatpost and feeling sad, but needs must and all that ....

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #19884 on: 12 April, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »
Dripping blood from various arms and legs after a bout of gardening tidying damage limitation in the Bournville back garden.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #19885 on: 12 April, 2015, 02:46:37 pm »
By my standards I have worked like a slave this week getting loads of DIY tasks done in the house and garden. The last task was putting the covers onto the duvets. I now have 5 hours to relax before heading out to EMA to pick up the family.

I am very glad that the recycling collection was on Friday. The number of empties would have given the completely wrong impression.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #19886 on: 12 April, 2015, 02:55:53 pm »
digesting, steak, roast spuds, roast parsnip, asparagus and carrots followed by rhubarb mousse.
So far this weekend I have done:
the food shop
laundry
ironing
made rhubarb mousse (see above digesting comment, it's good)
cleaning in the house
hovering the house
busked at Reading station for an hour with the Brass Band
church this morning included cantor for the gloria.

Looking at the sun outside I ought to either attack the gardening, go for a walk or go cycling.

fuzzy

« Reply #19887 on: 13 April, 2015, 12:14:28 pm »
digesting, steak, roast spuds, roast parsnip, asparagus and carrots followed by rhubarb mousse.
So far this weekend I have done:
the food shop
laundry
ironing
made rhubarb mousse (see above digesting comment, it's good)
cleaning in the house
hovering the house
busked at Reading station for an hour with the Brass Band
church this morning included cantor for the gloria.

Looking at the sun outside I ought to either attack the gardening, go for a walk or go cycling.

'Kinell matthew- was that the Wingardiam Leviosa charm? Obviously got the wrist flick off to a tee :thumbsup:

ETA bold on the relevant bit :facepalm:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #19888 on: 14 April, 2015, 03:17:06 pm »
Watching the guy from Autoglass wreck my car, sorry I mean fit a new screen, all because of a damaged rain sensor mounting plate!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #19889 on: 14 April, 2015, 06:53:47 pm »
I was lazing on the garden lounger until a pang of guilt, or the very dregs of my protestant work ethic kicked in. I then had to do some shed tetris to extract my garden shredder. I then dismantled the cutter head, rather straightforwardly to a point, and bagged it ready for sharpening. I couldn't remove the horizontal cutter blades, as I'd need a huuuuge screwdriver to do so, but the vertical mangler thingy came straight off. The blades aren't as mangled as I thought, but the edges are hardly keen. It was being reluctant to shred larger branches well within its normal capacity.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #19890 on: 14 April, 2015, 07:16:07 pm »
Window (well, tab, anyway) shopping for a bike I don't need with money I don't have.

« Reply #19891 on: 14 April, 2015, 08:38:28 pm »
Wondering how many relatives the huuuuuge spider I met earlier in the garage has.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

ian

« Reply #19892 on: 14 April, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »
Sitting in a hotel room having just arrived in parts foreign for a conference and pondering whether I should show my face downstairs in the restaurant and bar and pre-empt sociability or whether to just order room service, pilfer the minibar, and then take a bath.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #19893 on: 15 April, 2015, 11:09:07 am »
Gathering the materials for a pith helmet cover.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Chris S

« Reply #19894 on: 15 April, 2015, 11:10:19 am »
Sitting in a hotel room having just arrived in parts foreign for a conference and pondering whether I should show my face downstairs in the restaurant and bar and pre-empt sociability or whether to just order room service, pilfer the minibar, and then take a bath.

You can get lots of tips from watching Lost in Translation :).

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #19895 on: 17 April, 2015, 11:30:46 am »
Experiencing the kind of unholy Kimmish glee that comes from successfully running a long piece of CAT6 up the stairs and finding anbarons will pass successfully from one end to the other.  Until the moment that the little plastic wossname over the network port on the old lapdancer snapped off.  Bah!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #19896 on: 17 April, 2015, 12:00:42 pm »
Pondering the fact that I may have just volunteered for a month in Coventry ....
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #19897 on: 17 April, 2015, 12:23:52 pm »
Have just cut the plaque de doublage in slightly the wrong place on my stud wall.  Luckily it'll fit somewhere else and maybe I can still use it as a template if I adjust the measure a little.

Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #19898 on: 17 April, 2015, 12:30:42 pm »
Just set my out of office for return on 12th May, Australia here I come!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #19899 on: 17 April, 2015, 01:02:53 pm »
Waiting to find out if I have passed the reference check for my new home.  I'm really keen to move but can't book anything like removal vans until the thing is confirmed.

Every day I don't hear makes me worry irrationally.