Author Topic: "Your statutory rights are not affected" question.  (Read 1225 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
"Your statutory rights are not affected" question.
« on: 01 August, 2011, 12:18:49 pm »
I opened a pack of tortillas last night, and as I spooned in some filling onto the first one I noticed a blue-green patch - mould! I binned it and picked up the next one, then thought to check all the others from that pack and a couple more had small patches of mould. The use-by date is the something like the end of September.

What's my best tactic for ensuring a free lifetime supply of tortillas?  ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: "Your statutory rights are not affected" question.
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2011, 12:28:30 pm »
Take it back to your retailer (no receipt needed) Sale of Goods Act and 'fit for purpose' blah blah blah will deal with statutory rights.

Retain sample, send to manufacturer with pithy, articulate letter and hope...

« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2011, 03:43:29 pm »
I hope they were made by Sharwoods. My grandparents made a complaint to them about something odd in the mango chutney in the 1920's. Thereafter they got a Christmas hamper every year as a goodwill gesture. It was only about 10 years ago that my aunts eventually got round to telling Sharwoods that the recipients had both passed away in the mid 1970s... The whole family did very well out of those Christmas hampers for years.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2011, 04:14:50 pm »
My grandparents made a compliment to them about something odd in the mango chutney

FTFY
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll