Author Topic: Chelsea kick someone else's ballboy.  (Read 4600 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Chelsea kick someone else's ballboy.
« on: 23 January, 2013, 11:21:01 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/swansea-ballboy-eden-hazard-sent-off

Extraordinary. I have to confess that I'd never heard of Eden Hazard before this incident.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Chelsea kick someone else's ballboy.
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:10:54 am »
Since you have never heard of anyone, I am not particularly surprised. 
It is simpler than it looks.

LEE

« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/23/swansea-ballboy-eden-hazard-sent-off

Extraordinary. I have to confess that I'd never heard of Eden Hazard before this incident.

An aggressive player like that should have some sort of warning printed on his shirt.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:12:30 pm »
"Chelsea" didn't kick someone else's ballboy. Eden Hazard did. The ballboy was slow in returning the ball, fell onto it, Hazard attempted to kick the ball out from under him and kicked the boy by mistake. The ballboy has apologised for being slow in returning the ball and Hazard has apologised for kicking him.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #4 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »
"Chelsea" didn't kick someone else's ballboy. Eden Hazard did. The ballboy was slow in returning the ball, fell onto it, Hazard attempted to kick the ball out from under him and kicked the boy by mistake. The ballboy has apologised for being slow in returning the ball and Hazard has apologised for kicking him.

This is true, but it was in keeping with another thread title currently on the first page within this board. It's probably not true that Chelsea sacked someone else's manager either.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:20:46 pm »
Suggs and Woody from Madness said on breakfast telly that the ballboy wasn't kicked hard enough.  :)
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Andrew

« Reply #6 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:22:09 pm »
I've read several spins on this story already. I'm not sure who the baddie is here but I did like the match result.

Andrew

« Reply #7 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:23:33 pm »
But the OP does beg the question whether it'd have been okay if "Chelsea" kicked their own ballboy!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #8 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:27:26 pm »
But the OP does beg the question whether it'd have been okay if "Chelsea" kicked their own ballboy!

That probably wouldn't have made it into the papers.  :P

« Reply #9 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:43:41 pm »

An aggressive player like that should have some sort of warning printed on his shirt.

Like "HAZARD" you mean? 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #10 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:45:43 pm »
Did the ballboy get knocked over by Hazard in the first place, or just trip?
Getting there...

« Reply #11 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:53:23 pm »
That wasn't clear to my eyes, but after falling over the ball he should have been penalized for not rolling away quick enough. It looked like he might have rolled the ball back in good time without Hazard's intervention but the Chelsea players and staff had apparently already complained about the time the ballboys were taking to return the ball; hence Hazard's attempted intervention.

No excuses for Hazard, but the ballboy put in some fine playacting.  I wonder where he learnt that.

I wonder who would win a fight between group of Swans and a group of Bantams?

Jack Army!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #12 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:53:45 pm »
It looks like the ballboy wasn't wearing hivis and Hazard just didn't see him.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #13 on: 24 January, 2013, 12:57:37 pm »
Non story - The ballboy was a prat for trying to slow the game down. Hazard was an idiot for at least carelessly kicking him and got the red card that deserved.

At least it wasn't  Luis Suarez this time
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #14 on: 24 January, 2013, 01:18:32 pm »
Isn't that two stories?

« Reply #15 on: 24 January, 2013, 01:22:27 pm »
What a load of bollocks!

I've just seen it and can't see what the fuss is about. Hazard kicked the ball out from under the boy. He didn't touch him.

So not only was the ball boy play acting when he hadn't even been kicked, he had tweeted that he was going to try some time wasting tactics before the game.

Cancel the red card and hang the ball boy for being a prick...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

LEE

« Reply #16 on: 24 January, 2013, 04:32:19 pm »
If he'd done exactly the same thing to a player, who was acting in an identical dickish way, he'd have got a straight red car.

No difference.  It doesn't matter how dickishly someone is acting on a football pitch, you can't kick out at them.

Just imagine for one moment if that had been Wayne Rooney "kicking the ball out" from under Didier Drogba.  Jeezus H Christ there would have been attempted murder charges and Heli-ambulances involved.

Nah, it's Chelski....80% of their efforts are spent on damage-limitation, there will be something else next week.  Ashley Cole and John Terry have been quiet for far too long, it's about due they were photographed spit-roasting Kate Middleton.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #17 on: 24 January, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »
Wot Bobb said. 

I liked how the ball boy writhed in screaming agony on the ground, then recovered all of a sudden and looked around calmly to see whether he'd caused the desired effect, then went back to the screaming game once again.

LEE

« Reply #18 on: 24 January, 2013, 04:56:55 pm »
Wot Bobb said. 

I liked how the ball boy writhed in screaming agony on the ground, then recovered all of a sudden and looked around calmly to see whether he'd caused the desired effect, then went back to the screaming game once again.

Thank the lord professional footballers don't do that.

« Reply #19 on: 24 January, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »
I dont get the wasting time bit, the referee would add that time on at the end anyway  :-\

LEE

« Reply #20 on: 24 January, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »
I dont get the wasting time bit, the referee would add that time on at the end anyway  :-\

You're confusing professional footballers with rational and intelligent human beings.

That can be a mistake when searching for logic.

Try to think of them as young chavvy lads who only did PE, woodwork and gardening at school, and then someone started giving them £50,000 a week and lots of spare time to kill.

« Reply #21 on: 24 January, 2013, 07:51:03 pm »
Or as the late great Bobby Robson once said " If they weren't playing football, half of these lads would be on the dole and the other half would be in prison".

« Reply #22 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:31:53 pm »
Or as the late great Bobby Robson once said " If they weren't playing football, half of these lads would be on the dole and the other half would be in prison".

The Bastille, if the make-up of my beloved Toon is anything to go by!

« Reply #23 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
The Bastille, if the make-up of my beloved Toon is anything to go by!

Lippy? mascara? sent to prison for making an arse of applying foundation?

« Reply #24 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »
It seems that the ballboys' dad owns 25% of Swansea F.C. and is worth LOTS of millions.

I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.