Author Topic: Ghostly goings on  (Read 1322 times)

Ghostly goings on
« on: 11 May, 2018, 08:11:09 pm »
Evening All,

Cycling last night along a unlit singletrack road I saw a dim light coming towards me - despite having a very bright light I couldn’t make anything out other than the dim light. It was only at the last minute I saw a white figure wearing what looked like a grey surgical gown riding a Victorian style trike.
Normally I can make out a face of a cyclist passing me but there were no features at all just blank white in my bike light.
Afterwards I got a few PB’s on Strava as I finished the route as quickly as possible and I’m still getting goosebumps.
So has anyone else got tales of supernatural or am I being a gigantic wet lettuce?
Think I’ll stay in tonight...

Re: Ghostly goings on
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2018, 08:29:11 pm »
I have to admit, if I came across a gigantic wet lettuce doing a Strava PB, I’d be pretty freaked out.

« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2018, 08:55:33 pm »
A couple of time I have seen someone on a bike in front of me and then they just disappeared, the road is straight and no turn off's....... I dismissed it the first time, but the second time same place and when I checked my log it was the same day a Tuesday.

« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2018, 09:30:58 pm »
Any particular characteristics of the location?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: 11 May, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »
Any particular characteristics of the location?

Hundred Acre Lane running north to Wivelsfield Green in Sussex no street lighting and dense woodland nearby - quite cold too

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #5 on: 12 May, 2018, 11:50:01 am »
Silent horseman in a black cloak and tri-corn hat, galloping across the road and up someone's drive, between the Green Man roundabout at the top of the Leytonstone High Road and Snaresbrook Crown Court.  My chum Jim tells me it was clearly the ghost of Dick Turpin, but it wasn't, because I do not believe in ghosts.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime