Author Topic: Wattbike compatibly  (Read 5276 times)

Wattbike compatibly
« on: 21 March, 2020, 07:24:47 pm »
Great Scott. I never, ever thought I’d contemplate virtual cycling.
However, I reckon I might be confined to barracks for several months, so will my Wattbike ( B monitor with ANT and Bluetooth) play nicely with say Zwift on an iPad?

I know that at the moment we can get out carefully in solo rides, but something tells me that an even stronger lockdown is only days away.

Thanks for any advice. :-)

Re: Wattbike compatibly
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2020, 07:27:05 pm »
Great Scott. I never, ever thought I’d contemplate virtual cycling.
However, I reckon I might be confined to barracks for several months, so will my Wattbike ( B monitor with ANT and Bluetooth) play nicely with say Zwift on an iPad?

I know that at the moment we can get out carefully in solo rides, but something tells me that an even stronger lockdown is only days away.

Thanks for any advice. :-)
Yes. Just download zwift to the ipad and connect away.

« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2020, 08:22:08 pm »
Thanks fboab, I’ll be giving it a try.

« Reply #3 on: 17 April, 2020, 06:47:28 pm »
Well, there’s good news and then.....

They talk to each other, but once I try to pay it kicks me out Network Failure, or similar it says. I thought it was because my iTunes account is a family one, paid for by my generous daughter. Tried to start with an on-line purchase rather than ap store, but got booted out because I’m already registered in that email.

Bizarre.

« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2020, 08:40:11 am »
Update - it’s now raided my Applepay, so good.
I now realise that never ever having played on-line games puts me at a tremendous disadvantage .