Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2453581 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22175 on: 15 August, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
I'll set them up and you knck them down :D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22176 on: 15 August, 2018, 02:32:28 pm »
Not writing a course on our VLE because I am writing gobbledygook instead of providing information in a sensible, organised and informative manner.  However, by sitting here typing on the forum, everyone things I am course writing!!!  I figure that I given them enough of my time, they can give me a lunch break for a change.

VLE? In my lingo it's Vapour Liquid Equilibrium, very useful for strengthening intoxicating substances
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22177 on: 15 August, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »
Not writing a course on our VLE because I am writing gobbledygook instead of providing information in a sensible, organised and informative manner.  However, by sitting here typing on the forum, everyone things I am course writing!!!  I figure that I given them enough of my time, they can give me a lunch break for a change.

VLE? In my lingo it's Vapour Liquid Equilibrium, very useful for strengthening intoxicating substances

sssh don't tell anyone that I am drinking on the job!!  Hic! :-[

For me VLE is virtual Learning Environment.

« Reply #22178 on: 15 August, 2018, 03:38:34 pm »
Just finished jerking off. What? What else would you call preparing several kilo of chicken, Jamaican style, to marinade in preparation for a BBQ on Saturday?

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22179 on: 15 August, 2018, 04:02:57 pm »
Recovering from today's trot. CBA trogging 70k for a banger sannie, settled for a chicken one at 40 and a chunk of chocolate pear cake for afters. Nom.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22180 on: 15 August, 2018, 06:34:42 pm »
Watching a child across the road learning to ride a bike:

[...]

This evening's reprise:

Someone appears to have fixed the stabiliser.

A standoff has been going on for some 20 minutes now in which $child (at one end of this stretch of pavement) refuses to yield the bike to $other_child, who has been having a spectacular tantrum at the halfway point, while $parent nags from the front door.

Parent has now resorted to walking to the end of the road and lifting $child, who has remained attached to the bike, and is now waddling back towards home carrying both as a unit.  Never before has an under-5 needed foot retention so badly.

« Reply #22181 on: 15 August, 2018, 08:44:48 pm »
Just finished jerking off. What? What else would you call preparing several kilo of chicken, Jamaican style, to marinade in preparation for a BBQ on Saturday?

That's fowl   ;D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #22182 on: 18 August, 2018, 09:16:45 am »
Getting jiggy with a piggy

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22183 on: 19 August, 2018, 11:39:38 am »
Avoiding starting the packing process for this year's Leftpondian anabasis, because it'll make me all cross and I won't enjoy it.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22184 on: 19 August, 2018, 01:41:00 pm »
Waiting for "visitors". Coffee, cake & inane chitchat while a 3-year-old looks round for things to destroy.

ElyDave

« Reply #22185 on: 19 August, 2018, 03:29:23 pm »
trying not to fall asleep,

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22186 on: 19 August, 2018, 03:46:13 pm »
Trying to remember what it is that I’d decided I needed to to today, while coming to terms that today is my last Sunday that will be followed by a Monday morning start to a working week.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22187 on: 19 August, 2018, 04:48:45 pm »
Waiting for "visitors". Coffee, cake & inane chitchat while a 3-year-old looks round for things to destroy.

And thank God that's over. How to make a two-hour visit feel like half a day year. I'm glad neither of our kids wanted offspring. I've seen good cyclists age 6 months after looking after their kids' brats for a week, and now I know why.  This one was scared stiff of the dogs so we had to shut the poor beasts up in a bedroom, but she loved the parrot and plagued the life out of it, jumping up and down in front of the cage. I should have let her put a finger in, he's got a beak like a pair of bolt-cutters.  She also sang us the alphabet something like 16 times.

Gone now.

And [...] the silence surged softly backward,   
   When the plunging hoofs were gone.

Ah, peace.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22188 on: 19 August, 2018, 07:24:51 pm »
Aching after too much Rushing About.

« Reply #22189 on: 19 August, 2018, 08:11:21 pm »
Drinking a cooling beer & sweating.  Warm, overcast & humid  :sick:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #22190 on: 19 August, 2018, 08:31:42 pm »

And thank God that's over. How to make a two-hour visit feel like half a day year. I'm glad neither of our kids wanted offspring. I've seen good cyclists age 6 months after looking after their kids' brats for a week, and now I know why.  This one was scared stiff of the dogs so we had to shut the poor beasts up in a bedroom, but she loved the parrot and plagued the life out of it, jumping up and down in front of the cage. I should have let her put a finger in, he's got a beak like a pair of bolt-cutters.  She also sang us the alphabet something like 16 times.

Gone now.

And [...] the silence surged softly backward,   
   When the plunging hoofs were gone.

Ah, peace.

L'enfer, c'est les enfants des autres:demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

lou boutin

« Reply #22191 on: 19 August, 2018, 08:57:49 pm »
Looking after a friend's cat. He's two and full of life, energy and playfulness. Last weekend he met MrLB. I don't think the cat liked him as he did a wee on the papers he'd brought home, threw up in his shoes and randomly bit him 3 times in the first hour.

Over the last week we've set some ground rules. Jumping on the table, fireplace or kitchen surfaces are met with 'paws on the floors please', when he jumps down he gets a munchie. He's been fascinated by the fireplace today and after several threats to jump up, I decided to pick him up and show him the fireplace. He immediately knocked over a wooden elephant. Said elephant is now lying down and the cat is no longer fascinated with the fireplace!!!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22192 on: 19 August, 2018, 08:59:26 pm »
Looking after a friend's cat. He's two and full of life, energy and playfulness. Last weekend he met MrLB. I don't think the cat liked him as he did a week on the papers he'd brought home, threw up in his shoes and randomly bit him 3 times in the first hour.
Sounds like true love to me...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

lou boutin

« Reply #22193 on: 19 August, 2018, 09:01:46 pm »
Looking after a friend's cat. He's two and full of life, energy and playfulness. Last weekend he met MrLB. I don't think the cat liked him as he did a week on the papers he'd brought home, threw up in his shoes and randomly bit him 3 times in the first hour.
Sounds like true love to me...

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #22194 on: 20 August, 2018, 08:03:10 pm »
Sitting in a bar in Zurich watching slightly illegal cycling Swiss style. Three bikes, two lights. The front one has the front light, the back one the rear light. It is so obvious I wonder I even mention it.

« Reply #22195 on: 20 August, 2018, 08:07:52 pm »
By normal Swiss standards that would count as raging anarchy, but Zurich does have a bit of a bohemian underbelly...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22196 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:08:45 am »
Trying to work up the enthusiasm to turn on my work laptop.

« Reply #22197 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:36:05 am »
avoiding housework

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22198 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:38:39 am »
Mulling over what to do next: go over to the workshop & work out how to accommodate new table saw, go & buy timber, clean bike :( or have another coffee and go on mulling it over, or just go on mulling it over sans coffee.

ElyDave

« Reply #22199 on: 22 August, 2018, 09:42:43 am »
you could carry on mulling it over while deciding what to do