Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2452224 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22075 on: 21 June, 2018, 10:20:35 am »
11 o'clock cuppa.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #22076 on: 25 June, 2018, 10:16:36 pm »
In lying naked on my bed in a cheap Paris hotel room. It’s a warm night & there is no aircon so I’ve got the window open. This opens onto a central well with a little yard at the bottom. It works as a very good sound amplifier, I’ve been able to hear my mother & sister talking 3 floors above me.  Tonight someone is snoring loudly (even by YACF standards), the amplified effect is like something from an Attenborough documentary, a herd of Walrus or something.  You know it’s a good hotel when they provide packets of earplugs in the bathroom.....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #22077 on: 26 June, 2018, 04:21:43 pm »
I'm pondering whether you really should be able to the metal stuff inside the power cable to the multiplug on my hotel room desk (and why does seeing it make me want to touch it?_. It doesn't seem to be plugged in anywhere, the cable just disappears through a hole someone has bashed through the wall under the desk. My phone is charging. I'll probably leave the kettle untested.

« Reply #22078 on: 26 June, 2018, 08:17:57 pm »
On the train from Euston back to Liverpool, quietly gibbering.  Steering Mum & Sis through the automated check in & security screening at Gare du Nord is going to haunt my dreams... that’s without something in Alison’s case triggering a manual search  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22079 on: 26 June, 2018, 09:05:02 pm »
On the train from Euston back to Liverpool, quietly gibbering.  Steering Mum & Sis through the automated check in & security screening at Gare du Nord is going to haunt my dreams... that’s without something in Alison’s case triggering a manual search  :facepalm:

Sounds like you've had a nice relaxing weekend, all things considered, then...   ;D

« Reply #22080 on: 26 June, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »
That will teach you, to enjoy yourself.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #22081 on: 26 June, 2018, 11:37:01 pm »
And to top it all I've just got home & found I forgot to put the rubbish out before I left.  Festering food remains in this heat  :sick:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22082 on: 27 June, 2018, 07:35:42 am »
Having a leisurely cuppa after breakfast.

« Reply #22083 on: 27 June, 2018, 07:37:51 am »
Having a second bowl of porridge. One wasn't enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

ian

« Reply #22084 on: 27 June, 2018, 04:58:08 pm »
I still want to touch that exposed wire. It's oddly compulsive.

« Reply #22085 on: 27 June, 2018, 10:13:48 pm »
Sitting at home after 3 glasses of wine and a can of brew dog. 

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #22086 on: 27 June, 2018, 11:33:10 pm »
Wishing this hotel had either air con, or windows that opened more than an inch before the safety device stopped them.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22087 on: 28 June, 2018, 07:52:47 am »
Finishing off the umpteen rebuild of my Work PC and hoping that the upgraded OS will work more gracefully than the last iteration.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #22088 on: 28 June, 2018, 11:14:26 am »
Wishing this hotel had either air con, or windows that opened more than an inch before the safety device stopped them.

If I forsake the endearing and enduring appeal of electrocution, I can fling myself out of the hotel window with grim abandon. And if I survive that, the chaotic traffic will surely kill me. And if I survive that, feral dogs must surely eat me, limb by limb. And if I prove unappetising, I saw catzilla last night. Holy fuck, it was a size of a small family hatchback and made out of the parts other cats didn't want. I don't know what it eats and I don't want to be around when it eats it.

Oh and I bang my head on a sticky-out cabinet of blinking lights six times a day. Health and safety? Pah, it's for wusses.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22089 on: 10 July, 2018, 10:33:58 am »
Procrastinating along with a bit more procrastination for good measure.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22090 on: 10 July, 2018, 10:57:29 am »
Grumping, groaning and bellyaching about being stuck here with a buggered leg while it's perfect cycling weather outside.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22091 on: 10 July, 2018, 11:13:24 am »
Thinking of buggering off out of the office to pop up the road and try to espy the RAF100 flypast as they trundle off down to That London
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22092 on: 11 July, 2018, 10:30:35 am »
waiting patiently in my Marseilles hotel room for a BP tanker to turn up in port for me to audit.

I've just recreated that scene in apocalypse now where our hero is resting on the bed waiting for the fray.

Without any real fray of course, and with aircon in my case.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22093 on: 11 July, 2018, 10:38:16 am »
waiting patiently in my Marseilles hotel room for a BP tanker to turn up in port for me to audit.

I've just recreated that scene in apocalypse now where our hero is resting on the bed waiting for the fray.

How does one audit a ship. Yep, that's a ship. Ok next job. ;)

ian

« Reply #22094 on: 11 July, 2018, 11:33:55 am »
I’m in Vietnam so it’s just like that scene in Apocalypse Now. With a/c, a minibar, and room service. I’ve checked the trees for Charlie. I guess he went home.

ElyDave

« Reply #22095 on: 11 July, 2018, 12:12:11 pm »

Environmental audit, hopefully it's not leaking

« Reply #22096 on: 11 July, 2018, 12:59:29 pm »

<ObligClarkeandDawe>

So long as the front hasn't fallen off...  :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22097 on: 11 July, 2018, 01:17:51 pm »

Well that should be fairly straightforward then, because in my experience boats with holes in them have a habit of sinking. So if its not sunk, job done. Ok, ok, I know  ::-)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22098 on: 11 July, 2018, 04:39:45 pm »
Leaking out or leaking in?

ElyDave

« Reply #22099 on: 12 July, 2018, 04:48:47 pm »
either would be bad.

In this case though, neither.  It was actually very shipshape.

All Indian crew as well, so bloody good food, if just on the edge of my tolerance for heat.