Author Topic: Entertaining a kitteh  (Read 1358 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Entertaining a kitteh
« on: 21 December, 2013, 11:11:00 pm »
All our previous cats have loved chasing a toothpaste tube top around the bath.  But these days it's getting hard to find an old fashioned top with no flip top bit which stops it rolling freely.
Got one today.  Daf has been in the bath for two hours now and he's still in there slapping and chasing it.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Entertaining a kitteh
« Reply #1 on: 21 December, 2013, 11:22:00 pm »
Those tops are still common on things where it's really important not to get the tubes mixed up.  Hydrocortisone, Canesten, hair dye, two-part epoxy, that sort of thing.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #2 on: 22 December, 2013, 09:18:22 am »
Screw on bottle caps (plastic ones) are just as much fun I reckon. One of ours will bat them around for ever. The other couldn't care less, but give him a ball of scrunched up paper and he is off.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2013, 10:03:29 am »
Ours just get given wine corks (if Eth-the-ferret hasn't stolen it first - there's usually a whole stash of corks in the bottom of the wardrobe).

Not sure what this says about our household.  :-[
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »
The thing about a tube top is the slightly conical shape makes it roll in unexpected angles, plus the gradient in the bath giving it almost a life of its own.  (from the cat's pov)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 22 December, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »
I molished a couple of ping pong balls with a ball bearing inside (make a small incision and glue it back up) for our cats to play with.  Hours of fun until they get batted into an unreachable crevice.

Modern cats probably prefer lasers.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 22 December, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »
Ours go for the laser but apparently it's unsatisfying because they never get to catch the dot.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Chris S

« Reply #7 on: 22 December, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »
Not sure what this says about our household.  :-[

You've got a really posh taste in wine! Mine are nearly all screw-tops. Which possibly serve almost as well in the Kitteh Entertainment Dept - given a capacity to roll.