Author Topic: Oxford London overnight May 30th  (Read 1540 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Oxford London overnight May 30th
« on: 28 April, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »
Just thought I would post this here as this ride has had a few darksiders in the past. Plan is meet Oxford train station 1200 and hopefully someone will know/remember the route back to London.
Good route for recumbents though.
Very much a free range ride as I have no intention of being 'organiser' or anything of that nature and certainly no intention to get involved in anything where it becomes an 'event' that needs admin. I think Roger  usually finds himself in that role - which if he were would be smashing, but if not we might still survive.
Main posting is in 'Rides' page if you want to see who might play.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Re: Oxford London overnight May 30th
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
What I meant by the above post chaps is I would really really like some other folk on odd bikes around for what i fear may be a personal challenge from which a chip fryer might benefit!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2014, 08:49:30 pm »
Already planning to come, but odd bike goes without saying.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2014, 10:35:31 pm »
I may join you for part of this ride on my lwb recumbent :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #4 on: 29 April, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »
I would like to join you if that's ok. Is it 200km or is the the LOL I'm thinking of?

Tigerrr

• Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2014, 08:40:13 pm »
I would like to join you if that's ok. Is it 200km or is the the LOL I'm thinking of?
Krad this is about 100k max. it's intend to be a fairly (hopefully very) easy going ride as far as I am concerned. you could get the 200k by going both ways of course!
You may possibly have the LOL confused with the LEL - a very easy mistake. I must say an LOL ride sounds good.

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »
Krad this is about 100k max. it's intend to be a fairly (hopefully very) easy going ride as far as I am concerned. you could get the 200k by going both ways of course!
You may possibly have the LOL confused with the LEL - a very easy mistake. I must say an LOL ride sounds good.

The Steam Ride audax a few weeks ago was LOL.

Could very possibly be tempted to pinch the LO part of that to get to Oxford for (sometime before) midnight - anyone else?

(Just realised this is in the Dark Side - which I haven't sampled yet.)