Author Topic: Thanks to Damon Peacock  (Read 4141 times)

Thanks to Damon Peacock
« on: 06 May, 2020, 03:20:21 pm »
After clapping the NHS on Thursday, can all us Audaxers give 'exit stage left' a rousing clap of his own.
Damon's contribution to our sport over the years has been fantastic, his YouTube clips alone are getting me through this dreadful lockdown period.
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Damon to thank him personally, but hopefully I'll be able to in the future.
Thank you Damon, and here's looking forward to your valued contributions for many years to come.

Re: Damon Peacock
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2020, 03:36:15 pm »
Bit of an obvious sock puppet that one, Damon  ;)

LMT

« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2020, 05:10:17 pm »
Absolutely, his OP's last year about PBP and following on from that going to his vimeo and buy the d var d's done the world of audax a ton of good.

Tomorrow (Thursday) @ 2000hrs people, pots and pans are optional.

« Reply #3 on: 06 May, 2020, 08:20:03 pm »
He filmed us on the first edition of the Pendle 600. Arriving in Hexham, we ate at a pizza/ kebab takeaway, roused by the local youth. Thinking ahead, I walked into a pub (arse piched no less than two times) and bought four takeaway beer bottles. Damon as all to happy to carry them onto the overnight control at Langwathby, to be chilled and await us on arrival after a seriously wet crossing and descent of the Hartside Pass.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2020, 08:33:05 pm »

« Reply #5 on: 06 May, 2020, 09:30:59 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

S2L

« Reply #6 on: 07 May, 2020, 05:40:40 am »
his YouTube clips alone are getting me through this dreadful lockdown period.

You can also have a look at the CTT videos of various time trials... they're even less eventful than Audax videos, honest...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Thanks to Damon Peacock
« Reply #7 on: 07 May, 2020, 08:12:00 am »
Just amending the subject matter for this thread. Hope no one minds.

Normally, seeing someone's name as the subject matter implies that they have died, which was a bit of a shock at breakfast!
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

S2L

« Reply #8 on: 07 May, 2020, 08:13:43 am »
Good idea...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Merci, M. Paon
« Reply #9 on: 07 May, 2020, 08:18:09 am »
Only making it permanent requires a most robust intervention than just changing it in a single message.

But thanks to Damon all the same, his stuff is great.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Merci, M. Paon
« Reply #10 on: 07 May, 2020, 09:29:19 am »
Only making it permanent requires a most robust intervention than just changing it in a single message.

But thanks to Damon all the same, his stuff is great.

One for the mods or the OP, I guess  :-\
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

rob

« Reply #11 on: 07 May, 2020, 09:37:37 am »
Damon's films of the Mersey 24kr are well worth a watch.   There's the occasional spotting of me limping up a climb.

« Reply #12 on: 09 May, 2020, 08:13:59 pm »
It was Damon's YouTube films that got me in to Audax and keep me entertained in lock down.  Thanks Damon!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #13 on: 10 May, 2020, 10:31:00 am »
Just amending the subject matter for this thread. Hope no one minds.

Normally, seeing someone's name as the subject matter implies that they have died, which was a bit of a shock at breakfast!
...a bizarre hedgelaying accident. 
Authorities said...best leave it...unsolved.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #14 on: 10 May, 2020, 11:43:14 am »
He filmed us on the first edition of the Pendle 600. Arriving in Hexham, we ate at a pizza/ kebab takeaway, roused by the local youth. Thinking ahead, I walked into a pub (arse piched no less than two times) and bought four takeaway beer bottles. Damon as all to happy to carry them onto the overnight control at Langwathby, to be chilled and await us on arrival after a seriously wet crossing and descent of the Hartside Pass.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I believe that was the second running. Andy Corless mentions this near the start just as the riders are off. I was one of the DNFs on the first edition.  :-[

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #15 on: 10 May, 2020, 11:48:11 am »
Some historical information of the Pendle 600 can be found on the event website at:

https://burnleyccevents.com/pendle-600-2/

Andy Corless

« Reply #16 on: 10 June, 2020, 04:52:18 pm »
I had a chance meeting with Damon at last years PBP in Lougny au Perche, we were both taking pictures of riders around the town square, just a bloody nice bloke. :thumbsup:

« Reply #17 on: 18 June, 2020, 07:15:06 pm »
I had a chance meeting with Damon at last years PBP in Lougny au Perche, we were both taking pictures of riders around the town square, just a bloody nice bloke. :thumbsup:
With a dry or wry sense of humour. Ever been interviewed  about sheep farming whilst pedalling up Yad Moss, with the interviewer sitting in the boot of an open hatchback?