Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1718717 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #13400 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:07:58 am »
As much as my legs want to venture out for the evening I have overruled them with an executive decision to be staying at home this evening. It will also give me an opportunity to catch up on some G&YF admin stuff.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #13401 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:11:44 am »
As much as my legs want to venture out for the evening I have overruled them with an executive decision to be staying at home this evening. It will also give me an opportunity to catch up on some G&YF admin stuff.

Make sure you don't switch the TV on then, wouldn't want a Champion's League quarter final to interfere with your G&YF admin  :)

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #13402 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:14:12 am »

Make sure you don't switch the TV on then, wouldn't want a Champion's League quarter final to interfere with your G&YF admin  :)
I didn't quantify how much 'some' is, but there is a bit to do and most likely I'll have more time to do it after half time  :P
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13403 on: 17 April, 2019, 09:55:59 am »
*** LAST CALL ***

Any Arrow luggage to go up to York in the team car - last chance tonight to drop it off...  Team car will be calling by the pub tonight...  :thumbsup:

(to be collected Saturday morning from Postern Gate, York)
Regards,

Joergen

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #13404 on: 17 April, 2019, 10:11:23 am »
I'll be at Spa Rd for 19:30. Heading to the Compasses, got tomorrow off to do final checks on the arrow bike and pack the saddle bag.

« Reply #13405 on: 17 April, 2019, 10:58:41 am »
I'm hoping to be out tonight although it maybe motorised. I had an off on Sunday night (some may say i should not have been riding after watching Paris Roubaix in a Belgian beer pub and they would be 100% correct) which ended up with a sprained shoulder AC joint and considerable discomfort. I'll be testing it out on the bike today as it's got a lot better over the last 2 days so hopefully bearable for the arrow.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #13406 on: 17 April, 2019, 11:23:59 am »
I'm hoping to be out tonight although it maybe motorised. I had an off on Sunday night (some may say i should not have been riding after watching Paris Roubaix in a Belgian beer pub and they would be 100% correct) which ended up with a sprained shoulder AC joint and considerable discomfort. I'll be testing it out on the bike today as it's got a lot better over the last 2 days so hopefully bearable for the arrow.

:o

(I think I might have alcohol poisoning on Monday!)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #13407 on: 17 April, 2019, 11:47:53 am »
 :facepalm:

« Reply #13408 on: 17 April, 2019, 03:59:58 pm »
Do we have a route for tonight?  If not can I offer this one of Huggy's?

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/23745019

and if this one is OK I'll join at the top of TMNH at 2000 so I only climb it once today :thumbsup:
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

BFC

« Reply #13409 on: 17 April, 2019, 07:00:19 pm »
That looks like a reasonable route - see you at the Generals Arms. I don't know if I'll be alone from Witham.

« Reply #13410 on: 17 April, 2019, 07:08:16 pm »
OK, see you then

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

« Reply #13411 on: 17 April, 2019, 07:08:58 pm »
I'm out. The afternoon has runaway from me so will have a night at home

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #13412 on: 23 April, 2019, 05:45:13 pm »
Hello, OD Esq checking in, I have returned to The People's Republic of Mid-Essex...

I am very much looking forward to tomorrow evening, hopefully a 'spoons is still the target pub, the Rose & Crown in Maldon would be super. 

Just in case you have been living under a rock or simply don't give a toss, which is perfectly acceptable and eminently forgivable, tomorrow evening will be your last chance to see my cheery little face for some months so it would be wonderful, for me at least, if you could come along  :-*

BFC

« Reply #13413 on: 23 April, 2019, 07:15:32 pm »
I will be out to play tomorrow night, to make sure OD goes.

Hopefully he'll take the wet weather with him, he seems to be bringing it with him tomorrow anyway.

Rose and Crown is the plan as far as I remember from last weeks discussions. Lets see who turns up at Spa Rd.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13414 on: 23 April, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »
I will be out to play tomorrow night, to make sure OD goes.

;D  If you want to be really sure get yourself down to Portsmouth ferry port by 2000 hrs a week tomorrow.

« Reply #13415 on: 24 April, 2019, 09:18:24 am »
I am very unlikely to be at spa Rd tonight, but aim to join at the Rose and Crown.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #13416 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:28:52 pm »
If I had been in the UK I would have made an effort to get myself to Essex tonight to bid OD bon voyage, but as I am stuck in France I won't!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13417 on: 24 April, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
If I had been in the UK I would have made an effort to get myself to Essex tonight to bid OD bon voyage, but as I am stuck in France I won't!

Stay there until next week and we’ll come and find you!

« Reply #13418 on: 24 April, 2019, 06:57:36 pm »
I've got a conference call shortly, and unable to get across this evening. Hopefully Papa d'Oscar is given a good send-off. Looking forward to seeing the pictures / report of the evening.

« Reply #13419 on: 26 April, 2019, 11:29:38 am »
Calendar is 'bear' next Wednesday. How about visiting Three Elms in Chignal St James? They have completed their refurbishment, and jazz was this week so should be quiet next week.

Phil W

« Reply #13420 on: 26 April, 2019, 04:52:38 pm »
Calendar is 'bear' next Wednesday. How about visiting Three Elms in Chignal St James? They have completed their refurbishment, and jazz was this week so should be quiet next week.

You have bears in Essex?

« Reply #13421 on: 26 April, 2019, 04:57:27 pm »

You have bears in Essex?

There's been a lot of talk about them, but unfortunately Oscar's Dad will be departing to France before I get to try out my bear spray on him.

Phil W

« Reply #13422 on: 26 April, 2019, 04:58:43 pm »

You have bears in Essex?

There's been a lot of talk about them, but unfortunately Oscar's Dad will be departing to France before I get to try out my bear spray on him.

Careful OD might be ordering a pint of bear spray if he gets too much exposure to your spray.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13423 on: 26 April, 2019, 05:00:27 pm »

You have bears in Essex?

I trust you read the recent article about a bear encounter in Arrivee?

Phil W

« Reply #13424 on: 26 April, 2019, 05:08:40 pm »
The do have brown bears in France now after they were reintroduced in recent years.   Not a huge number though.