Author Topic: Work begins on London's first two Cycle Superhighways  (Read 33438 times)

Re: Work begins on London's first two Cycle Superhighways
« Reply #250 on: 17 September, 2012, 09:53:19 am »

What website is that?  I must find it and upload the photos.

Nice one Clarion! This link is to that website. Go on mate!

p.s. and an apology to Speshact. I used to think parking in the cycle lane wasn't really something to be concerned about, although I did appreciate him campaigning against the minicab firm he posted about ages ago. Now I realise my approach was wrong. Anyway, still a big thumbs up to you both for doing this!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #251 on: 17 September, 2012, 09:58:12 am »
I just wish I'd had the presence of mind to change from still photography to recording when she started her sweary threats.  The Police might have been interested.
Getting there...

red marley

« Reply #252 on: 17 September, 2012, 11:48:04 am »
A question that arises from that photo.

Given the CS goes from advisory to mandatory (dashed to solid white line) at that point, why to the yellow lines also go from double to single? The while line would suggest a strengthening of parking restriction while the yellows suggest a relaxing of them. Or have I misinterpreted the role of single vs double yellow lines?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #253 on: 17 September, 2012, 11:59:11 am »
Good question, and it is one of the very few sections of CS7 which is indicated to be mandatory.
Getting there...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #254 on: 17 September, 2012, 12:14:51 pm »
Good work, Clarion!

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #255 on: 17 September, 2012, 12:27:08 pm »
A question that arises from that photo.

Given the CS goes from advisory to mandatory (dashed to solid white line) at that point, why to the yellow lines also go from double to single? The while line would suggest a strengthening of parking restriction while the yellows suggest a relaxing of them. Or have I misinterpreted the role of single vs double yellow lines?

You would be allowed to park outside the hours of operation of the yellow line, but you would not be allowed to enter the cycle lane (within hours of operation, which I think is 24hrs). So you could park to the right of the cycle lane.

In reality, I guess the old pavement-parking defence would be applied: being parked in the cycle lane does not, in itself, prove you drove in the cycle lane to park there.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #256 on: 17 September, 2012, 12:28:25 pm »
The rumour is actually that Johnson screwed up on getting the Superhighways properly adopted as cyclepaths, so the demarcation may not even be legal.  It's quite possible that that is legal parking (even if fuddish).
Getting there...