Author Topic: Great little resource for aduaxy type accommodation - airbnb  (Read 1989 times)

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Travelodge - pffft.

Just discovered this little ginormous gem  https://www.airbnb.co.uk
for finding bed and breakfast accommodation for audax and other type purposes.  Found it through googling for B&B's in chepstow for the BCM later in the month as Travelodge Aust is now gone expensive.
Looks like it's for both business and private people just letting rooms out in their house.  Contact them directly to tell them your needs and bobs your uncle.

Maybe this isn't quite the right place to post this (please feel free to move if it offends) but in case people don't know it exists, just thought I'd share.  Saved me a lot of hunting about and I was able to make a non conventional booking - friday and Sunday night only with permission to leave my bag there whilst on the road.
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Re: Great little resource for aduaxy type accommodation - airbnb
« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2015, 07:15:18 pm »
This is a good suggestion, and I hadn't thought of using them for audaxing but .... little? That made me smile. They are riding the tide of the current internet bubble (see how I mixed metaphors there?) with an estimate market value of $20,000,000,000.

So, great, yes.  But not little.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2015, 07:28:02 pm »
You clearly have investigated it more than me :-)   I've edited it a little accordingly  :P
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #3 on: 05 May, 2015, 07:52:22 pm »
Oddly, I found this too.

Found places offering anything from a room to a hotel suite.

Haven't used them yet though.

H

« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2015, 09:41:07 pm »
Used them a lot. Here and in France and Portugal. Well worth a look. Some interesting places. One is a riding school where you sleep in the bunkhouse in France. £10 a night. There was one I was tempted to book that was a Bedford TK truck converted into a bedsit. Great site.
Nothing left to prove. http://adenough1.blogspot.co.uk/

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #5 on: 27 June, 2017, 05:18:35 pm »
Got one lined up to avoid a 5am start for my next Calendar Audax. It's less than half the price of even the nearest Premier Inn.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6 on: 27 June, 2017, 05:37:31 pm »
Have used them in Prague and Vienna and it might have been possible to leave a bike in the ginormous hall of the turn of the century building in Vienna. No way in Prague though. So better check if you're planning to use it for audax.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #7 on: 27 June, 2017, 05:47:29 pm »
Don't worry, I made sure of that before any money was handed over :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #8 on: 28 June, 2017, 05:18:59 pm »
Also on the "Experiences" section, you can pay £49 for a bike tour of the River Wandle! It does include bike and helmet hire.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/experiences/54490
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000