Author Topic: Parking at pbp and accommodation plus food on route  (Read 1618 times)

Parking at pbp and accommodation plus food on route
« on: 07 July, 2019, 09:34:23 am »
Well I'm in and sr series finshed in  I  may. I have booked the motor home pitch in my entry  but I'm not sure what you get beyond a parking space.

I'll obviously be driving the on the 16th. Is imthis a proper camping pitch? I'll need a shower in the morning so are there facilities or do I need to book a hotel.

Same at the finish. It would be simpler if there are some facilities otherwise I'll book a hotel somewhere.

Next is food . I foolishly have booked the 80hr time.
We start on Sunday. Imm guessing there wint be much open on Sunday afternoon or evening in France. So I take it the controls have food. I am trying to figure out how much to carry.

Are there sleeping Matt's  at all the controls. Of so I can pack a light sleeping bag.

Silly question. If I want a shower on route (I will) I take it that mean finding a hotel.

Re: Parking at pbp and accommodation plus food on route
« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2019, 09:59:46 am »
There are showers and dormitories at several controls but you will spend time queuing for them.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2019, 12:04:49 pm »
We start on Sunday. Imm guessing there wint be much open on Sunday afternoon or evening in France. So I take it the controls have food.

General note: in France Mondays are as bad as Sundays - both days morning is OK but shops close midday and don't re-open.  Of course normal rules may not apply in PBP week / on PBP route.
But it's OK to rely entirely on controls for food, unless you have special needs.  Especially as you're going to be ahead of the bulge, usual warnings about queues don't apply so much, at least on the way out.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

Phil W

« Reply #3 on: 07 July, 2019, 02:01:52 pm »
Are there sleeping Matt's  at all the controls.

You'll have to ask Matt C ;D

« Reply #4 on: 07 July, 2019, 08:49:29 pm »
Well I'm in and sr series finshed in  I  may. I have booked the motor home pitch in my entry  but I'm not sure what you get beyond a parking space.

I'll obviously be driving the on the 16th. Is imthis a proper camping pitch? I'll need a shower in the morning so are there facilities or do I need to book a hotel.

Same at the finish. It would be simpler if there are some facilities otherwise I'll book a hotel somewhere.

Next is food . I foolishly have booked the 80hr time.
We start on Sunday. Imm guessing there wint be much open on Sunday afternoon or evening in France. So I take it the controls have food. I am trying to figure out how much to carry.

Are there sleeping Matt's  at all the controls. Of so I can pack a light sleeping bag.

Silly question. If I want a shower on route (I will) I take it that mean finding a hotel.

The dossier will answer most if not all your questions. I too have a campervan space but will be sleeping/living in my car, all I need is a bog not too far away, I've promised the Mrs I'm not on the pull so won't need to shower in the morning, I will have a shower at the end, showers will be provided gratis at the end but there will be a shuttle bus to them, there will also be a meal and some sleeping arrangement at the end.