Author Topic: Stand for front wheel when on trainer  (Read 2968 times)

Re: Stand for front wheel when on trainer
« Reply #25 on: 13 May, 2022, 03:46:16 pm »
What about a sheet music stand?

That's sort of what I'm using - basically a tripod stand but a lot sturdier.  The front wheel prevents it getting it any closer than a s-t-r-e-t-c-h.  Would be fine in everyday use but when doing hard intervals and I need to input the screen without pressing the wrong box and with sweaty hands it's a bit of an issue.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #26 on: 13 June, 2022, 06:23:09 pm »
A bit late to the party here, but what I use is a table that fits over the front wheel. In my case, it’s our dog grooming table which was around £30 from Amazon.  I can fit my IPad, Bluetooth Speaker, fan and drinks bottle on the table  and it doesn’t foul the brake/gear levers. I can easily reach the iPad.
Sherwood CC - Squadra Giallo Verde

« Reply #27 on: 13 June, 2022, 06:36:16 pm »
A bit late to the party here, but what I use is a table that fits over the front wheel. In my case, it’s our dog grooming table which was around £30 from Amazon.  I can fit my IPad, Bluetooth Speaker, fan and drinks bottle on the table  and it doesn’t foul the brake/gear levers. I can easily reach the iPad.
Yes - I've thought of that but I have 3 fans which might be blocked by a table depending on angles. Worth considering though - cheers.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The sound of one pannier flapping

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
« Reply #28 on: 14 June, 2022, 11:08:36 am »
I used a table from Planet X that Mr Bait bought me for Christmas. Relatively inexpensive, especially when there's a discount on (compared to a Kickr Climb, anyway, but then most things are). Fits over the front wheel. Probably wouldn't impede a fan unless you have it positioned so the air would have to blow through the table surface, and presumably you could adjust the fan location so it didn't. Mine holds a 32" TV I use to watch Netflix, the remote for the Google TV, several snacks, and water bottles.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #29 on: 14 June, 2022, 09:00:56 pm »
My tablet goes on a second-hand music stand that cost me a fiver in a charity shop ;D The tripod legs let me get the tablet near the bars :thumbsup: