Author Topic: Copenhagen Cycling  (Read 1763 times)

boudinnoirsurvélo

Copenhagen Cycling
« on: 30 March, 2009, 01:02:59 am »
It's just so bloody normal. I'll be writing about it in cc so won't bore anyone with any insights unless you specifically want to read about it later - in the meantime just some images (quite a few, may take a wee bit of time to load)...

I did manage to meet up with Mikael Colville-Andersen (the man behind Copenhagenize.com and Copenhagen Cycle Chic) for a few hours over beers and burgers. Top top top bloke, gave me a shot of his 'Bullitt' cargobike even after plying me with booze, and some great insights into recent Danish cycling developments.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Copenhagen Cycling
« Reply #1 on: 30 March, 2009, 09:08:07 am »

Ah I see you did get to cycle and you went for tea at the royal's , where they home ? We will be there in about 1.5 months time.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

boudinnoirsurvélo

« Reply #2 on: 30 March, 2009, 09:13:10 am »
Ah I see you did get to cycle and you went for tea at the royal's , where they home ? We will be there in about 1.5 months time.

Great fun it was too, much better than walking about (which we did the day before and ended up shattered). I think they were home - there was a flag flying anyway...

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #3 on: 30 March, 2009, 01:00:04 pm »

I rent a room a couple of blocks away from here.

Where you there last week?

I had a very 'interesting' weeks commute in Copenhagen last week:
Tuesday morning : light snow flurries and cold.
Tuesday evening : Very cold headwind. At least -2 degrees C but with a Big wind chill factor.
Wednesday morning : Very cold commute -5 or so , but luckily no headwind.
Wednesday evening :  same as Tuesday evening.
Thursday morning : A bit warmer than the previous morning, but still around around the -2 degree mark.
Thursday evening : The weather saved the best for last for me - headed home into strong rain and wind , around the freezing mark and extremely unpleasant >:(
Lusso max repell bib tights are OK for light drzzle, but for anything heavier and you will get wet.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 30 March, 2009, 07:11:39 pm »

Amalienborg is only about 100 metres from where my late grandparents lived (Amaliegade 11). I last went there for my grandfather's funeral 13 years ago. I'm getting rather homesick for the place.