Author Topic: Photos of your Significant Cycling Moments  (Read 17847 times)

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
Re: Photos of your Significant Cycling Moments
« Reply #25 on: 02 February, 2012, 12:42:48 pm »
Me & Datameister looking knackered at John o'Groats after riding the End2End 1400k audax in 2010.  109hrs 45mins IIRC  :)

Me grinning like a goon at the bridge in Brest (photo taken by Feline)

SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #26 on: 12 February, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »
Corny, but there you are:-

The beginning and end of 32 miles in a wedding dress :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #27 on: 13 February, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »
not in the same league as post-wedding tandemming but heres me leading a few (including my mate Karl with the white tyres) through southern scotland on day 3 of very wet, headwindy JOG - LE.  I spent most of the week on the front of the same group, what with me being built a bit like a barn door.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #28 on: 13 February, 2012, 02:51:28 pm »
Here's one of Ivo's photos of Rich and I leaving Maastricht youth hostel after a few hours sleep on the Lowlands 1200 audax.

And a photo of Hot Flatus and I riding the Bryan Chapman Memorial ride in 2010, taken at Barmouth. This was my first 600 km audax. (NB: It's just conidience that in both pictures I'm wearing the same top; I do have others. Honest.)

What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

jogler

• mojo operandi

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #30 on: 04 March, 2012, 05:15:13 pm »

KCA 12 hour TT

« Reply #31 on: 04 March, 2012, 07:40:12 pm »
That's nice, Moose.  It also looks like the hand-over in some weird relay race!

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #32 on: 04 March, 2012, 08:04:09 pm »
OK, I'll join the club..

DSC00523 by davidmamartin, on Flickr

I hung around for a few hours but Charlotte and crew were late so I missed them..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #33 on: 04 March, 2012, 09:33:49 pm »
That's nice, Moose.  It also looks like the hand-over in some weird relay race!

It was a plastic sandwich bag containing a peach and a slice of malt loaf, if my memory serves me right. Most welcome.

« Reply #34 on: 22 January, 2013, 10:44:27 pm »
Baby's First Alpine Pass :thumbsup:

col de l'iseran by andygates, on Flickr

That's a route I'd really, really like to do.

I've never been there in summer, only peered down into it when skiing in the Le Fornet valley in Val D'Isere, when it's an Itinary route requiring a mega-hike out up towards Cugnai.   Earning your turns, they call it.

hey feanor ...dont think that summer is always nice climbed that in 2009  and i was that windy and bloody cold i had every bit of spare clothing on in my bag

« Reply #35 on: 23 January, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »
Just finishing my first 24 hour solo on the old singlespeed, I'm in the middle with fellow soloists.
My blog.... www.smilerbiker.blogspot.co.uk

'Pick it up and run'

« Reply #36 on: 20 April, 2013, 07:49:59 pm »
As a newcomer to this forum, I thought I'd post a few photos from last summer.  This was the first time in approximately twenty years that I had gotten back into cycling and the first tour of any sort for my daughter.  The trip was inspirational for us, to say the least.  We learned that water never tasted as well in all those years before.  Must have had something to do with the hills and humidity and the temperatures in the 40 degrees range - but what a great trip it was!

Near the border just inside of Texas.  We camped that night in dirt tracks on a logging road:

Western Kentucky.  Rolling hills, hills and more hills:

Resting on a crest on the Blue Ridge Parkway ... near the Virginia and North Carolina border:

Pushing up a hill, in the refreshing rain, somewhere in Kentucky

We wild camped all except four days at campgrounds and four days in hotels ... plus this treasured find; a cycling hostel and AMAZING FOOD!

The flats of Louisiana:

:)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #37 on: 20 April, 2013, 08:00:36 pm »
Terrific stuff.It's great to see a father & daughter touring together :thumbsup:

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #38 on: 20 April, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »
If any of you lot come to our domicile and bring CAKE we can entertain you with 65Gb worth of cycling moments on "film", and that is just from last year.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #39 on: 21 April, 2013, 08:37:22 am »

Near the border just inside of Texas.  We camped that night in dirt tracks on a logging road:

Welcome to the forum. Lots of cracking shots there. I really like this one though! And the pushing the bike up a hill photo - very atmospheric and familiar to anyone who has toured and had to use foot power up a hill.

Sounds like a superb trip and hopefully made for memories you will both treasure forever.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #40 on: 24 September, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »
This was the best smile I could manage at the end of PBP 2007:

5 hours' sleep out of 90.

And this was the end of our Strasbourg-Perpignan Diagonale last year:

This was significant because I had a stent put in in 2008, then had to fight the quacks to get the beta-blockers and unnecessary BP meds discontinued. That took 3 years, and happened too late: I had crapped out of the PBP 2011 qualifiers before they relented.  Str-Perp was my first 1000k ride in five years, and restored my self-respect.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #41 on: 24 September, 2013, 11:18:56 pm »
You didn't miss anything - 2007 was much better than '11. (may contain lies, or traces of lies)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #42 on: 25 September, 2013, 07:01:01 am »

Welcome to the forum. Lots of cracking shots there. I really like this one though! And the pushing the bike up a hill photo - very atmospheric and familiar to anyone who has toured and had to use foot power up a hill.

Sounds like a superb trip and hopefully made for memories you will both treasure forever.

Strongly agree with all of that. Thanks for posting, Pavel.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #43 on: 25 September, 2013, 08:50:07 am »
This was the best smile I could manage at the end of PBP 2007:

I spy PeterM and, I think, MalVolio.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #44 on: 25 September, 2013, 09:00:11 am »
You didn't miss anything - 2007 was much better than '11. (may contain lies, or traces of lies)

I dare say that as a native of the rain-swept north I had a better chance in 2007 that the Italians who turned up with only summer gear.  Nine of my chums started in 2011, though, and only three made it.  In 2007 only one dropped out.

LEE

« Reply #45 on: 25 September, 2013, 09:43:29 am »
This should be the image of the PBP 2015 event, the background image on the application form...just to make damn sure you knew what you were letting yourself in for.  (Is that Kuato?  He looks cheerful).

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #46 on: 25 September, 2013, 09:48:16 pm »
This should be the image of the PBP 2015 event, the background image on the application form...just to make damn sure you knew what you were letting yourself in for.  (Is that Kuato?  He looks cheerful).

There were worse than me. One bloke died.

« Reply #47 on: 26 September, 2013, 11:13:13 pm »
My avatar is me in a British Student Sports Federation national 25 championships. Probably the peak of my neither long nor glorious career in any kind of serious racing. And quite a long time ago...

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #48 on: 30 September, 2013, 08:02:34 am »

The end of the hardest ride of my life, so far.  Day 1 of the Super Randonnee will stay in my memory for a very long time for it's challenges, 6700m of ascent in 190km.

I was very pleased to reach this point with a little time in hand.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

LEE

« Reply #49 on: 30 September, 2013, 04:41:52 pm »
Congrats Marcus, that's serious climbing.

I consider it tough at an average of >2% overall, 4000m in 200km would be an extremely hard audax.

The Wu'ze 400 had about 5800m and that had some brutal sections.  To cram the Wu'ze (and then some) into 190km seems rather gratuitous.