Author Topic: Circuit training  (Read 1119 times)

Circuit training
« on: 17 September, 2008, 07:25:16 pm »
Well I have been a lard arse for the last year and put on two stone mainly due to working from home. Not even done much cycling. Yesterday Mrs Pcolbeck persuaded me to go to the new men's circuit training in the village hall (she goes to the women's not that she needs it being about 8 stone and 5'8''). It was great. Weights and star jumps and lunges. I had forgotten how much I used to like this kind of thing about 15 years ago. Today I felt much better and more energised. Tomorrow I am going to take a break from work and take the One-One round the woods. The disconcerting thing was puffing and panting whilst the instructor a women ten years older than me did everything without breaking a sweat. Mind you we did have a moment when we were doing stretches braced against the wall when we thought the village hall wall was going to get pushed over, it definitely flexed (it's wood) Mt friends who are doing it with me are all of a similar age (40s) but whilst not very fit are rather strong due to being farmers. Next week though I think we will have to miss the hour in the pub afterwards so as to get maximum benefit :)
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Re: Circuit training
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2008, 07:28:27 pm »
I love circuits! I come out half-dead, but it's such a buzz. Do you ache a bit today? I always get sore if I haven't been for a while.

Re: Circuit training
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2008, 07:32:29 pm »
The back of my calves ached. I got the weights just about right so the upper body stuff worked really well and my posture is better today with the muscles just feeling a little tight rather than aching. We managed to avoid the temptation to stick big weights on and get competitive luckily, its all about technique and repetitions not weight lifting after all. The gym I used to go to with a friend years ago was full of guys taking steroids and bench pressing huge weights. The looked down on us doing lots of reps with light weights. Mind you I bet they all have horrid tempers and more flab than me these days.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.