Author Topic: Who's managed to reach their mycyclelog goal for 2012?  (Read 1782 times)

gibbo

• Riding for fun, cake and beer.
    • Boxford Bike Club
Who's managed to reach their mycyclelog goal for 2012?
« on: 31 December, 2012, 04:05:43 pm »
I signed up for the YACF group on Mycyclelog and set what I thought was a realistic goal for me in 2012 of 2500 miles. I managed to reach my goal and carried on to do just over 5000km (3127 miles) with my last ride of year with my club yesterday.

Hopefully next year I'll be able to match or improve on that??

HNY,
Gibbo.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Who's managed to reach their mycyclelog goal for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: 31 December, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »
I did - twice!

I originally set a target of 6000 miles which, given the trouble I had in 2011, looked realistic but ambitious. In the event, I reached it with 50 days of the year left so set myself another 1000 to do, which I reached yesterday. It was actually quite exciting trying to catch this elusive target, what with illness and plenty of bad weather to contend with. When we had that snowfall a couple of weeks ago I thought that was it for the year, but I managed to dodge the showers sufficiently to get there.

I'm targeting 7000 miles "from the off" for 2013 and I don't intend to be scrambling around for miles in the last 7 weeks of the year!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Who's managed to reach their mycyclelog goal for 2012?
« Reply #2 on: 31 December, 2012, 04:11:13 pm »
Nope.  Failed.
148 miles short of the predicted 3000 miles.
ihaven't been out on a bike for about two weeks - I suppose I could have just gone out a few times and sorted it, but you know, I just couldn't be bothered.  :smug:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.