Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Racing / Giro d'Italia 2024
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 05:56:00 pm »
4 May!  That's come around quickly.  Guess Pog's the one to beat.

https://www.giroditalia.it/en/
Tried 'The Gentlemen'. Good lord, what a load of teenage wank. Lasted less than one episode.

Yes, definitely teenage wank, and very much milking the original film version to death, but nevertheless, despite the clichéd characters and dubious plot lines, I quite enjoyed it as easy visual chewing gum. I wouldn't actually recommend it though.

The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by PaulF on Today at 05:48:19 pm »
Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
Have five more tins, classical, with spices, with a taste of Lemon, with a taste of garlic and in tomato sauce.

Pat them with kitchen roll to get rid of as much of the oil as you can and maybe coat them in egg, but even then the oil might stop anything sticking.

Egg, then the flour...

Too much oil probabaly.  How about break them up, cook gently with some sultanas and pine nuts, then toss into pasta.

Not sold on the sultana idea.  Was thinking of using the tomato stuff and may be the garlic stuff this way.

Don't bother with the flour, use (some of) the oil the fish has been sitting in, add garlic, olives, bit of chilli, maybe some red pepper, capers if you like, good bit of tomato. Not really a puttanesca, so I'd probably put it with potato (cubed, fried/roasted - air fryer ideal), but works with pasta

Wonder if that would taste good on lard roasted rosemary roast potatoes.

But cubed sounds nice.
Just changed an appointment for covid vac. from tomorrow to Saturday as thundlesofrumber and heavy rain forecast. Getting there and back could involve up to 4½ - 5 miles walking, much of it on quite exposed, windy roads.
Prolly be fine tomorrow and pissing down on Saturday now.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What was the last film you watched?
« Last post by andyoxon on Today at 05:28:15 pm »
Sounds good. I saw Alex Honnold's Free Solo at the cinema.  Some excellent adventure docs out there.  "Dawn wall" one of those.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 05:26:52 pm »
Planet Earth - Duran Duran
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Today I am Listening To...
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 05:16:23 pm »
6music today have been celebrating The Cure's Disintegration by only playing music from 1989, the year it came out. Massive nostalgia-fest for me, one Proustian moment after another...

It's a much better year for music than I remember.

They've played Rebel MC's Street Tuff twice - first Lauren Laverne this morning and Huw Edwards has just played it again. Amazing.
Opened a new bag of seed for the parrot today

How long does it take to grow a parrot from seed?

Dunno. I'll chuck some out the window and get back to you.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 05:05:06 pm »
The drivers window on our car would only go down when it fancies it and up with some assistance. Contacted a breaker who wanted just over a hundred quid for a replacement motor and mechanism. Euro car parts with company account  £42 +vat

Wife had a late night and kids slept in so fairly early started stripping out the old one. Bit of a faff and some help from a really good YouTube video as a few less then obvious screws.

Did have a panic as thought the new one was wrong but I'd actually just caught the cable that drives it on the bodywork. All now fitted and working and a happy wife who uses the car a lot more than me...and only a small amount of claret offered to the lesser gods of car DIY

And just done the passenger one.. bit was 20 quid off ebay and seems to be working. Just need to reassemble door and locks etc now
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10