Author Topic: How many unread emails in your inbox?  (Read 2684 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: How many unread emails in your inbox?
« Reply #25 on: 30 March, 2021, 04:09:24 am »
None.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #26 on: 31 March, 2021, 12:46:01 am »
I’m quite concerned about just how many otp have empty email inboxes. It can’t be a healthy situation, and maintaining such must surely be one of the most damaging activities to mental health known to man. I’m concerned I tell you. Concerned.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #27 on: 31 March, 2021, 01:36:24 am »
Mine was emptied daily till 3 weeks ago.

I felt I needed a break.

Not far off 500 now.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #28 on: 31 March, 2021, 01:49:19 am »
Found another one because Yahoo! Thinks! The! Coronalurgi! Updates! From! The! Council! Are! Spam! The! Useless! Fucknuckles!

>:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 31 March, 2021, 02:07:12 am »
For some reason, emails my mother is sending me (fro Dad's account) are falling into 'Junk'.
I usually realise PDQ.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #30 on: 31 March, 2021, 07:19:18 am »
Zero - I've got some quite strong filters at both the ISP and local email client level that "delete from server" for known dross.

Something that has worked well for me for about 15 years is to have one of my own domains used for "purchases/memberships/subscrptions/enquiries"  where I seed the address - e.g. if I buy something from Bloggs Products I will use the email address    bloggsprods@<my domain>  just using the before @ as a seed* etc.      The incoming mail has a "catch-all" forward so the messages come direct to my "real" email address.    Thus I can set up filters on the "from" email addy to either delete from server or direct them to a folder on my email client.   

That's in addition to other filters that pick up specific words - and either delete or junk folder them.

[Some stuff beats the filters in which case I set up a specific forward to   piss-off (at ) aol.com (obv the@ symbol)  and the incoming message flies off into the ether!]

Once it's set up it contains the email dross and my incoming mails are kept at zero unread.

At the other end of the scale my email client (Time & Chaos Intellect) has probably 7 or 8 years of filed emails - classified by topic - useful to find stuff I've bought or whatever.

* this also, of course, identifies situations where someone has passed on or sold my email address to a "trusted partner"

« Reply #31 on: 31 March, 2021, 07:53:31 am »
209 in main inbox

Sadly, I need to check all of them. Most will need some consideration or a response.
<i>Marmite slave</i>