Author Topic: Hertfordshire Greenways 100  (Read 1533 times)

Hertfordshire Greenways 100
« on: 11 July, 2022, 10:43:34 am »
This event is now published and open for entries this year. Event runs on Sat 17th September.

https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=9468

Re: Hertfordshire Greenways 100
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2022, 12:34:08 pm »
I've wanted to ride this one for a few years, so will enter this year.

Pity the start is 8:15 though, as that precludes use of the pub at the end for those needing to finish their ECE, given the pub doesn't open until 4pm.

EDIT: only postal entry?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2022, 03:08:35 pm »
I’ve switched over to Stripe payments for all my events.  But seems I still need to setup my PayPal details in my event admin to turn on the online link. Online link now active.

Not sure which pub you are looking at, but the finishing pub is open from 9am on a Saturday.

https://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/east/thechequersstevenage#/

Edit - Ah - realised route map isn’t showing due to Aukweb.net SSL certificate expiry.  If you could see that you’d know the finish this year is back at The Chequers PH.

We are usually at finish from around 2:00pm to catch the Greenways Lite riders, and then stay till last Four Minute Mile 200 riders back.

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2022, 03:25:11 pm »
Not sure which pub you are looking at, but the finishing pub is open from 9am on a Saturday.

I was reading the details on the event page, which is linked to from the Audax.uk website. This refers to the Chequers Inn opening at circa 4pm.

https://herts-audax.herokuapp.com/hertfordshire-greenways/

EDIT: thanks for sorting online entries. Now entered  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2022, 05:46:21 pm »

I was reading the details on the event page, which is linked to from the Audax.uk website. This refers to the Chequers Inn opening at circa 4pm.

https://herts-audax.herokuapp.com/hertfordshire-greenways/

Aha, that was written and last updated pre pandemic, when I had yet to create the Hertfordshire Greenways Lite event. It was during the logistics of the event in September 2019 that we were caught out by the fast Four Minute Mile riders finishing at the pub finish when we were still at the cafe finish for this event. Thus since then I’ve decided that there should be just the one finish across all event distances, different pubs depending on which way round the events go.  Then last September was first time I was able to implement single pub finish across all three events, due to the pandemic in between.

Anyway I’ll update those event pages, when I get a moment this week, to reflect what I’m now doing with the finishes

« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2022, 05:51:21 pm »
Added to my list. I'll mention it to my club, as there was some interest last year.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2022, 10:30:39 pm »
clocked this one, but not the start times - was that 8:15 for the 200 or 100?

MIght mean a silly-o-clock leaving home, with probably no trains (either strikes, or just being a Saturday)
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #7 on: 12 July, 2022, 07:49:49 am »
It’s 8:15am start for this one. The Cambridge trains to Stevenage on a Saturday usually arrive 8:01am.  Though there is one arrives 7:39am if you want breakfast at cafe start. Thameslink weren’t on strike during recent ones, though you do see trains cancelled now and again due to lack of drivers.

« Reply #8 on: 05 September, 2022, 08:54:48 pm »
Entries close later this week for those still thinking of entering.

Final route check this weekend.

« Reply #9 on: 18 September, 2022, 11:52:51 am »
A very enjoyable day out. I set out at 5:45 on my ECE, to get to the start in time for some food before the off. Chilly first thing, but it was a bit warmer by 8:15, and then gradually getting warmer up to top 15 degrees.

The wind seemed to be a headwind on most legs, not sure how that happened! But the off-road sections and small lanes were well protected, so the wind was not a huge factor. The paths were a pleasant mix of surfaces, and it is so nice to spend time without motor traffic around.

To top it all, we received an informative email this morning providing a summary of the event, and future ride plans. That's a nice touch.

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #10 on: 19 September, 2022, 01:05:15 pm »
+1 a very enjoyable day out, although if I'd done a little more research, I would have opted for wider tyres - managed to get around without any visitations, which was very good, considering I forgot to pack a spanner for my rear wheel so had to purchase a new one in Bovingdon  :facepalm:

Thanks very much to Phil for organising, and giving me a chance to use the very nice eBrevet app for the first time, and Howard for his assistance. Looking forward to doing a few more Herts rides in future, especially as I live here!  :thumbsup: