Author Topic: Staying in London  (Read 899 times)

Staying in London
« on: 18 April, 2010, 11:53:29 pm »
Right, since my flight to Rome has been cancelled ( :'() I'm thinking of heading down to London at some point this week in an attempt to get at least a few days holiday.

I'm looking at options for somewhere to stay. I've checked out the usual Travel Lodge etc and they are a bit out my budget at the moment (I'm properly skint  :-[). Looked at hostels, and while they're certainly cheap enough the idea of sharing a room with 20 random strangers doesn't appeal. It's my best bet so far though.

Just thought I'd ask on here in case there are any hidden gems. Ideally somewhere fairly central, or at least close enough that cycling to the sights (bike shops) is an option. Don't need anything fancy just a bed, somewhere safe for my bike and somewhere to get a shower in the morning. Any ideas?

PS: If I do make it down, anyone up for a couple of pints?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Staying in London
« Reply #1 on: 19 April, 2010, 12:09:16 am »
Pint yes :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: Staying in London
« Reply #2 on: 19 April, 2010, 08:46:03 am »
As long as it's pints of tea, I'm in.  As for accommodation, try a hotel a bit further out like this one:

.:: Acton Town Hotel & Apartments ::.

It's just up the road from us and isn't much more than half an hour's pootle from the west end.  Mind you, the weather's so good at the moment, you could just bring a tent  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk