Author Topic: New recumbent trike for Auntie Helen - an ICE Sprint Special!  (Read 23158 times)

Re: New recumbent trike for Auntie Helen - an ICE Sprint Special!
« Reply #75 on: 28 July, 2011, 12:35:38 pm »
No pain, no gain (sorry)   ;)

I can feel pain in the area of my credit card but it'll be worth it :)

John
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

markg0vbr

« Reply #76 on: 30 July, 2011, 06:46:07 pm »

two mountain bike bar ends make the best wrist rests and the first mod i did was changing from twist shift to trigger shifters.

« Reply #77 on: 13 August, 2011, 10:34:30 pm »
I've now re-routed both gear cables and both brake cables and my trike no longer pulls to the right. Hurray  :thumbsup:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #78 on: 14 September, 2011, 02:38:25 pm »
Well just been on the phone to ICE - looks like my Alfine hub gear is being returned to Madison under warranty as it's misbehaving. Gear 2 doesn't work at all, gear 4 is dodgy and now 5 has started playing up. It's only done 1250 miles so is due its oil service but this sounds unrelated to oil and seems pretty major to me. ICE are being great, as always, but it's a bit disappointing.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #79 on: 27 September, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »
Sorry to hear you have problems, we have just used the bike bus to trikle around Catalunya (Catalonia) and we were talking to some people with hub gear problems and I thought  (and they agreed) that at least with derailleur gears you can usually get the offending part replaced, even fitting yourself and to me that is one hell of an advantage, I am not mechanically super gifted but prefer to be able to do stuff myself.
      Hope the replacement comes quickly.
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #80 on: 27 September, 2011, 11:27:04 pm »
Sorry, should have updated this previously!

Replacement arrived after four days and all is now working brilliantly!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk