Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1164967 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #3150 on: 12 January, 2011, 03:30:57 pm »
As of 31/1 I will NOT be pining for the fjords.....

I have been offered a long term contract in Stavanger.....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3151 on: 12 January, 2011, 03:33:53 pm »
And will you be commuting by bike?

I have to say, that's probably outwith the range of CrinklyCake delivery services.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3152 on: 12 January, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »
And will you be commuting by bike?

I have to say, that's probably outwith the range of CrinklyCake delivery services.

YES! With special tyres that I will use to float me over the sea....

:)

OK so maybe just ice tyres for the commute from the digs to the office :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #3153 on: 12 January, 2011, 04:28:53 pm »
Congratulations!   :-*

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3154 on: 12 January, 2011, 08:21:42 pm »

Gratulerer! If you cannot speak troll you should be entitled to 150 hours of free lessons.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3155 on: 12 January, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »
Cool.
Getting there...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #3156 on: 12 January, 2011, 10:35:03 pm »
The fire alarm has been fixed whoever owns it put some now batteries in it tonight finally after 4 weeks of beep beep beep every 5min \o/
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #3157 on: 13 January, 2011, 01:06:07 pm »

Can I draw your attention this:

Bill Bryson comments in one of his early books that Danish women are almost universally beautiful and sunbathe topless ,...

I believe it is also true of Norwegian women.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3158 on: 13 January, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »
The friendly local sports physios finally answered their phone.  I have an appointment for assessment this afternoon.   :thumbsup:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3159 on: 13 January, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »
A small box of 'stuff' has arrived from the US!  Even taking into account the weather and holidays, it was taken way too long to be delivered (posted on 15 December).  Also, a larger box of CDs and DVDs has arrived from elsewhere.  I now have plenty of new music to listen to on my rides. :)

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3160 on: 13 January, 2011, 01:35:42 pm »

Gratulerer! If you cannot speak troll you should be entitled to 150 hours of free lessons.

The first phrase you need to master being "Christ!  I'm no' payin' THAT fer a fuckin' pint!"
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #3161 on: 13 January, 2011, 06:34:22 pm »
Indeed Lord Mayor, this is being uttered in the hostelries of Olde Oxford at this moment  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #3162 on: 13 January, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

Bill Bryson comments in one of his early books that Danish women are almost universally beautiful and sunbathe topless ,...

Having been to both countries, I would say that the topless part is true but the other bit isn't.  There are more blondes per head of population, but otherwise it's the usual variety of odd, elegant and other shapes.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #3163 on: 14 January, 2011, 09:38:31 am »

Having been to both countries, I would say that the topless part is true but the other bit isn't.  There are more blondes per head of population, but otherwise it's the usual variety of odd, elegant and other shapes.

Well thank goodness for that.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #3164 on: 14 January, 2011, 03:51:35 pm »
Got advance notice of a Half Man Half Biscuit gig in Leicester on 28th April. Yippee! Not only is it much closer to me than the Sheffield gig next month that I was undecided about going to, but Travelodge have 3-bed rooms in central Leicester for £19 - and the family are away in Hungary!

Add to that that it's the parasites' wedding the day after and I shall be hung over & miss the whole thing and it's almost too good to be true! I shall be able to move on from there to the Long Itchington Beer Festival and - hopefully - get through the whole weekend oblivious to the fact that millions are being wasted on the feckers. Although, I foresee many ales being brewed for the occasion with stupid names to reflect the event.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3165 on: 14 January, 2011, 03:53:32 pm »
you'll  need two gofastergirlies friends then eh? :demon: ;) ;D

« Reply #3166 on: 14 January, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »
I suspect the two spare beds will be filled with sweaty fellow HMHB fans. Not big on groupies, Half Man Half Biscuit.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #3167 on: 14 January, 2011, 08:09:38 pm »
Mr Mac received a letter from the taxman saying HMRC has reviewed his (PAYE) tax submission for the last fiscal year.

And today he received his £32 rebate.

Better than a poke in the eye  ;D

« Reply #3168 on: 14 January, 2011, 08:10:29 pm »
I got a letter from the taxman saying I owe him several hundred pounds.  :'(

« Reply #3169 on: 14 January, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »
My next OU course has been delivered.

M337 - Complex Analysis

:)

I also have to pay HMRC a large sum of money, however it wasn't unexpected and it is still only a percentage of the money I received so it's not really that bad.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #3170 on: 14 January, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »
Not only is our wireless network now doing everything it should again, but I've got round to mapping all the network drives I've been meaning to for ages on Mrs B's laptop, so she can find the all the files she has on this computer without having to kick me off it.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #3171 on: 15 January, 2011, 12:12:46 am »
I finally opened the last CTC mag' ( December/January) and read not one but TWO) pieces written in good form by a certain Runcher of this Parish.
Silly of me that I had done a pm to same lady a few weeks ago asking her advice on a subject that she had already rittened about inthe mag  and not realised it was there on show! 

Sorry Auntie "C"
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3172 on: 15 January, 2011, 04:33:56 pm »
An 18t screw-on freewheel arrived today;thanks to interzen.Now need to acquire a tool to fettle it onto the Langster.

« Reply #3173 on: 15 January, 2011, 04:51:11 pm »
I got a letter from the taxman saying I owe him several hundred pounds.  :'(

Do the calculation yourself, or get somebody who knows how to to look over it for you.  I sorted my sister's apparent £600+ bill to a £400+ credit due.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3174 on: 15 January, 2011, 06:53:48 pm »
I have found out what I will be doing during my free weekend in Cape Town.

Cycle Tour | Welcome

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes