Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1165293 times)

Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #5275 on: 30 June, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »
Mercian just called to say that my frame is ready for dispatch.  :D

Payment now processed so I should receive it during next week and then just have to rebuild all the bits in the garage back onto it.

Photos will follow

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5276 on: 30 June, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »
Is that a new frame or a refurbishment? Either way, very exciting!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #5277 on: 30 June, 2012, 05:08:40 pm »
A rear end shunt has stashed my car.

The good news apart from the flashbacks, I'm ok. Heigh ho.

« Reply #5278 on: 30 June, 2012, 05:15:15 pm »

Good news you're OK. It's only a great chunk of metal after all. At least with rear end shunts it's pretty clear who's at fault usually.

« Reply #5279 on: 30 June, 2012, 05:23:02 pm »

Oh bugger. Glad you are ok.

« Reply #5280 on: 30 June, 2012, 11:48:00 pm »
Is that a new frame or a refurbishment? Either way, very exciting!
refurb of the British Eagle Touristique to replace a bent chain stay. Also allows the paint job I wanted when the seat stay repair was required.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5281 on: 30 June, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »
I was thinking to myself that it was proper 'city centre living'.... only in a city the size of a large village...
So which cloister is yours?  ;D

Of course while this is undoubtedly good news for you, it does seem that suddenly there's an exodus of Bristol YACFers.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #5282 on: 01 July, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »
Logging the Dun Run miles has lifted me into the "legend" category on the Active Swindon Cycle Challenge for June  ;D
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #5283 on: 01 July, 2012, 04:53:34 pm »
You legend, Roger!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #5284 on: 01 July, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »
My father was discharged from hospital yesterday - not only that, he's no longer taking a mind-buggering number of antibiotics1 which, it turns out, caused his kidneys to go on strike.
Double win!  :thumbsup:

1 - he already takes a staggering number of diabetes-related medications. The antibiotics increased his pill load from 'stupid' to 'bloody ludicrous'

« Reply #5285 on: 02 July, 2012, 01:01:26 am »
My father was discharged from hospital yesterday - not only that, he's no longer taking a mind-buggering number of antibiotics1 which, it turns out, caused his kidneys to go on strike.
Double win!  :thumbsup:

1 - he already takes a staggering number of diabetes-related medications. The antibiotics increased his pill load from 'stupid' to 'bloody ludicrous'

Great news  :thumbsup:

LindaG

« Reply #5286 on: 02 July, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »
Patti Smith is guesting at End of the Road!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gordon taylor

« Reply #5287 on: 02 July, 2012, 02:33:35 pm »
I've had an email today from a Hotel In Krakow. In April, I left my tent in their garage whilst I had a day's ride to Auschwitz... and when I came back, the garage had been filled with builders' rubble from a renovation. My tent was buried!

They've now found it, and Iwona will post it home this week.

:thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #5288 on: 02 July, 2012, 02:43:18 pm »
Patti Smith is guesting at End of the Road!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*swoon*
Getting there...

« Reply #5289 on: 03 July, 2012, 08:07:30 pm »
We have company for a few days of the next installment of our Pacific Coast cycle tour... The Things!!!  :D 

« Reply #5290 on: 04 July, 2012, 10:40:03 am »
We have company for a few days of the next installment of our Pacific Coast cycle tour... The Things!!!  :D

Cooooool! :D Have lots of fun :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #5291 on: 04 July, 2012, 11:39:32 am »
I've got a new job!

After 5 and a bit years in my current one, and an unwelcome move of office giving me a 2 hour each way commute  :(  I sent my CV on spec to a firm who do interesting stuff and it turns out they needed a 'me'.  ;D

The day I sent my CV (at 10pm) they'd spent the day interviewing shortlisted people for a job that was made for me, so 6 days & 2 interviews later I have a new job. Turns out the MD initally thought my CV was a spoof sent by a friend of his, so close a match was it to his needs...

Woo hoo!  One happy Moultonaught.  :smug:
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #5292 on: 04 July, 2012, 04:27:29 pm »
You legend, Roger!

I knew something was afoot.

Mr Arch

• Maker of things! Married to Arch!
  • Gothic Arch
« Reply #5293 on: 04 July, 2012, 04:46:54 pm »
I've got a new job!

\o/ Yay!  Well done! :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5294 on: 04 July, 2012, 04:52:18 pm »
I've got a new job!

After 5 and a bit years in my current one, and an unwelcome move of office giving me a 2 hour each way commute  :(  I sent my CV on spec to a firm who do interesting stuff and it turns out they needed a 'me'.  ;D

The day I sent my CV (at 10pm) they'd spent the day interviewing shortlisted people for a job that was made for me, so 6 days & 2 interviews later I have a new job. Turns out the MD initally thought my CV was a spoof sent by a friend of his, so close a match was it to his needs...

Ooooh! Wonderful!

« Reply #5295 on: 05 July, 2012, 12:14:31 am »
I've got a new job!

Excellent  :thumbsup:

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #5296 on: 05 July, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
I've got a new job!

Fabulous, congratulations.

« Reply #5297 on: 05 July, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »
My boy had his International Baccalaureate diploma results today.  42 out of a maximum 45 and comfortably more than the 36 required for his first choice of Edinburgh, to study French and Linguistics.  Top marks in French, German and Psychology, 6/7 in English, Easy Maths and Environmental Something  (I was losing concentration by the end).  And max 3/3 for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge essay.  I'm a very proud father.   

« Reply #5298 on: 05 July, 2012, 09:30:59 pm »
 :thumbsup:

I did part of the IB, got 20 points out of a maximum of 21, but no Extended Essay, thank heavens!  Well done younger Nuncio, that's some good work there!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #5299 on: 05 July, 2012, 09:41:23 pm »
I've just finished building my Mk2 GPS logger - not only did it fire up without any magic smoke escaping, the firmware I wrote for it worked first time without a hitch  ;D

Now if only I could find the microSD card that catapulted itself across the room when my finger slipped whilst trying to eject it  ::-)