Author Topic: 80s Footballers Aging Badly  (Read 12896 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: 80s Footballers Aging Badly
« Reply #25 on: 28 December, 2020, 12:04:34 pm »
Shame it's a a knockout - we're missing out on a 'group of possible premature death'.

Quick blat through United's 1983 division winning team indicates that so far only Ralph Milne is deid.
Although the manager (McLean) is apparently so badly destroyed by Dementia he hasn't a clue he won the league, and no idea about the state of Luggy's Parkinsons.

McLean's now gone.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #26 on: 24 August, 2021, 11:08:43 am »
There's just been another knock-out. I missed most of it but the winner was Peter Rodrigues (below left).  I once saw him play in a 'friendly' match between Leicester City and Glasgow Rangers. It took place because they both had a spare Saturday having been knocked out of their respective cups, Rangers famously by Berwick Rangers (which means it must have been 1967). Lots of crowd violence, mostly between Rangers fans from Glasgow and several busloads from Corby. The foxes won by the only goal of the match, scored by Derek Dougan.

Runner up was Giuliano Castoldi (right)
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #27 on: 24 August, 2021, 12:34:58 pm »
They don't look that bad for 52 and 51.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #28 on: 22 July, 2022, 08:16:25 pm »
Another 64 candidates went into the hat and the third #FACupofBadlyAgingFootballers is underway. The 64 players have been drawn randomly against each other.

The 1st round will consist of 4 games per day over the next 8 days.

https://twitter.com/80sAging

Jurgen Welp will be revealed, I'm sure, as the long-lost 3rd Chuckle Brother.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur