Author Topic: Pollution in China  (Read 1984 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Pollution in China
« on: 01 November, 2009, 03:50:29 am »
Amazing Pictures, Pollution in China | ChinaHush

It makes me more than a sad and angry.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Pollution in China
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2009, 04:25:13 am »
+1.

There's some truly terrible shit goes on this world that's hard to comprehend sometimes without pictures like that to get the reality across. :'(

Don't mean to hijack your thread but those pics reminds me of my friend Julian, whos gallery I've always meant to post a link to, and in particular the things he saw in Cambodia. I can't look at the second half of that particular gallery without a lump in my throat.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2009, 04:44:22 am »
Powerful stuff.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Justin(e)

• On my way out of here
« Reply #3 on: 01 November, 2009, 05:05:42 am »
Wow - great images.  Thanks for the link.

Very thought provoking.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2009, 11:44:22 am »
We did that.  We are responsible.  Feels awful.
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2009, 11:52:25 am »
The first comment after the photos is very telling.
What about western factories?They dont pollute so much anymore and products could be produced same way in china if the western capitalist would want to.Its hypocritical to blame chinese.Who has sell them infrastructure to pollute like this?Answer is western companies which does produce much less pollution here in europe and usa.Why dont they sell same cleaner technology and infrastructure to chinese that is in use here in western countries.
100-150 years ago when industrial revolution began in europe there was not technology or understanding to produce less pollution in factories.Nowadays there is and it should be sell to chinese.But western companies dont want to invest on nature protection,green technology or human rights in china.All they want is big profits and cheap products and someone to do the “dirty job” which in this case is china and all other cheap labor countries.Its the western companies that does not care about human rights in china or india or in other cheap labor counries.They are to blame.There would be another way,but its not possible in capitalism which is btw work of demon.In capitalism greediness is god and god is greed.And we consumers here in europe and USA are part of this demonic political system.Its our choice what we want to buy.If we care about human rights and nature we dont buy products that are produced unethically like this.Stop consuming like a madman and practice what you preach and there is a hope
[\quote]
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 01 November, 2009, 12:33:21 pm »
I'd happily pay twice as much for most consumer durables* which are currently made in China if they were made properly and lasted 10 years rather than three.  Do we need £20 DVD players or, for that matter, £125 On-One bike frames?  OK, I may sound hypocritical because I've just ordered one of the latter, but that's because the only alternative is a custom build for £800 plus with a waiting time of up to two years - I'd be happy with a mass produced British or US frame for £250 if anyone still made them.

*except they're anything but
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #7 on: 01 November, 2009, 12:41:10 pm »
+1.

There's some truly terrible shit goes on this world that's hard to comprehend sometimes without pictures like that to get the reality across. :'(

Don't mean to hijack your thread but those pics reminds me of my friend Julian, whos gallery I've always meant to post a link to, and in particular the things he saw in Cambodia. I can't look at the second half of that particular gallery without a lump in my throat.

Those are amazing.