Author Topic: Christmas on the beach  (Read 1995 times)

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
Christmas on the beach
« on: 04 January, 2010, 09:10:36 pm »
As is my wont when staying in these parts*, I left the warmth of the open fire and set off down to the beach for some long exposures. But this time it was December, not August, and the exposure refers more to any flesh left bare as anything else.

*Mrs Eck country

Looking across Luce Bay, more or less the same view as this in the sunrise and sunset thread, with the Mull of Galloway and Drummore visible in the distance.

It wasn't all plane sailing.
  • I forgot to take my mini tripod, so had to balance the camera on handy rocks.
  • I forgot a torch, so although there was a half moon, I was stumbling around in semi darkness.
  • I filled the memory card and had to decide on which photos were expendable and fumble for the delete button.

So the following evening I went to the beach again. This time, even with better preparation, the results were disappointing, but I got my sister, who wanted to try some long exposures herself, to stand still long enough for this

Finally I tried some exposures away from the moon, of this was probably the pick, with Orion and Sirius easily spotted.

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Re: Christmas on the beach
« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2010, 10:18:16 pm »
Lovely pictures, particularly the second one :thumbsup:

« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2010, 10:24:31 pm »
Some excellent shots there, J.

There's nothing quite as sexy as shadows cast by moonlight. :thumbsup:

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »
As is my wont when staying in these parts*, I left the warmth of the open fire and set off down to the beach for some long exposures. But this time it was December, not August, and the exposure refers more to any flesh left bare as anything else.

*Mrs Eck country
:thumbsup:
Brilliant foties Salvatore. Do you live down that way? It's fantastic cycling country.
Mrs eck and I spent a couple of nights at the Tigh na Mara pub in Sandhead just before Christmas, and experienced our first ever lock-in.  :o ;D
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2010, 10:52:32 pm »

*Mrs Eck country
:thumbsup:
Brilliant foties Salvatore. Do you live down that way? It's fantastic cycling country.
Mrs eck and I spent a couple of nights at the Tigh na Mara pub in Sandhead just before Christmas, and experienced our first ever lock-in.  :o ;D

Thanks for the kind words.

Eck, I don't live there, but my grandmother was brought up on the Monreith Estate near Port William, and we've always had family holidays in the area. I go there whenever I can, which isn't as often as I'd like.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur