Author Topic: LEL early entry ballot  (Read 4284 times)

Re: LEL early entry ballot
« Reply #25 on: 11 September, 2019, 11:39:43 pm »
I'd have a quota for PBP volunteers, both ACP and FF Velo. It needn't be much, but a nice gesture.

Why should we do that .. we are already predicting  a massive demand .. well beyond the maximum that we think we can handle. Nice gesture .. but  how the heck do we know you were a PBP volunteer ..  you have just added to the work load.

Because they can't ride their own event, as they're organising it. Pretty much the whole ACP committee rode in 2009. Richard Leon gets to ride PBP, and he summed up the view of many in 2013. I saw Danial doing sterling work at the Arrivee in Rambouillet this year. Inviting ACP and FF Velo to nominate a dozen or so riders shouldn't generate much work, and they might bring some volunteers with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SFQnRzt7Q

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #26 on: 12 September, 2019, 03:35:08 pm »
I misunderstood the suggestion .. I thought that you were offering volunteers at the controls a potential place .. Danial's links with the  French authorities are good .. so anyone asking for a place would I am quite sure get a very sympathetic hearing.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #27 on: 12 September, 2019, 05:14:53 pm »
I misunderstood the suggestion .. I thought that you were offering volunteers at the controls a potential place .. Danial's links with the  French authorities are good .. so anyone asking for a place would I am quite sure get a very sympathetic hearing.

i was just thinking that here would be key people who had to put in a lot of work with the changes at PBP, who would like to have ridden, but had to step into the breach to make PBP 2019 work.

I also had a conversation with the French rider we saved in 2013 in Alston. he said the French would be riding 1,000s to ensure PBP qualification. PBP has gone down a similar path to LEL with regards to accomodating increased demand.  A small allocation to ACP/FF Velo might be a mark of appreciation for all their work.