Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1628517 times)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6200 on: 20 March, 2015, 01:07:57 pm »
And it looks like I completed 2x 2014-15 forms, not one 2014-15 and one 2015-16... FFS!  Am blaming low blood sugar and form-tedium and eating before I go for round 3 and a protest to relevant person at my rep body and a nice LART to Access to Work.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6201 on: 22 March, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »
I am just now at the peak (I hope) of the mother of all man 'flu attacks.  Last week's smog set my asthma off and since then I haven't felt great at all.
I took the Sardar out yesterday, but could immediately feel my heart wasn't in it.  Literally.  I recognised that my heart was under strain.  So I turned back home before hitting the bumpy bits. 
Total mileage this weekend = 2.1 miles.
Went to bed at eight and slept fitfully on and off all night.  Just been to bed this afternoon and woke up just now feeling even worse.

Been thinking about Steve and how risky it is keeping his health.  If this happened to him, he would either loose four days, 850 miles.  Or risk riding through it doing what miles he could and also risking long term damage.

Stay healthy, Steve.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6202 on: 23 March, 2015, 08:37:19 am »
Last day for our VAT declaration and I don't feel like doing it. Bugger all Mondays.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #6203 on: 23 March, 2015, 02:50:51 pm »
New cow-orker likes to put Radio 1 on in the afternoons. The DJs are drivelling idiots, and the noises they play! I find it totally incredible that such a number of people with no talent whatsoever should exist on just one planet, incredible that somebody saw fit to record their talentless noises, an incredible that the DJs are actually allowed to play shite so offensive to the ear on national radio.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6204 on: 23 March, 2015, 02:54:39 pm »
When Clarkson gets a million signatures, why wonder? Shite had mass-appeal.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #6205 on: 23 March, 2015, 06:56:57 pm »
New cow-orker likes to put Radio 1 on in the afternoons. The DJs are drivelling idiots, and the noises they play! I find it totally incredible that such a number of people with no talent whatsoever should exist on just one planet, incredible that somebody saw fit to record their talentless noises, an incredible that the DJs are actually allowed to play shite so offensive to the ear on national radio.
You have turned into your Dad AICMFP.  :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #6206 on: 23 March, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »
Be forced to listen to Kiss FM and you'll never complain about R1 again :sick:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6207 on: 23 March, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »
Try a 15hr shift of Galaxy FM's 9 track playlist
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6208 on: 23 March, 2015, 09:25:26 pm »
Dear [Airline]. I had an indifferent experience in your hands last week. Sending me the Customer Satisfaction Survey twice in one night reduces my satisfaction somewhat.

« Reply #6209 on: 23 March, 2015, 10:42:02 pm »
I burned my boiled potatoes.  :(

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #6210 on: 23 March, 2015, 10:55:35 pm »
Everything aches, even my eyes ache. Gah, I feel like shit.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #6211 on: 23 March, 2015, 10:58:16 pm »
Try a 15hr shift of Galaxy FM's 9 track playlist

Or one hour on hold with British Gas.

Damon Albarn is a dead man.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #6212 on: 24 March, 2015, 08:44:49 am »
I burned my boiled potatoes.  :(

I set my Kate Rusby tea towel on fire  :(
Milk please, no sugar.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6213 on: 24 March, 2015, 11:48:24 am »
Bloody clients who think that because they work through lunch they can phone up in the middle of ours. Twats don't take a hint, either.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #6214 on: 24 March, 2015, 02:23:46 pm »
Anyone who can even contemplate listing a bike for sale online without putting the size is not human.  They are an android and they should be retired immediately.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6215 on: 24 March, 2015, 06:28:46 pm »
OK, PVR, what's with this Green Screen ov DETH shit ???  Sound works, picture doesn't.  Bum-grapes >:(

Edit: unplug supply of voles, count to ten, re-insert, all well...

ian

« Reply #6216 on: 25 March, 2015, 10:55:38 am »
I stubbed my toe on a kitchen cabinet yesterday and I think I broke it. Mostly my fault for casually discarding my swimming bag mid-floor with the intent of moving it later and then proceeding to try and step around it on an apple recovery mission. Cue a small thermonuclear outburst of expletives. Today it's turned a nice shade of lurid, cheap party dress purple. No party heels for me this weekend.

British Gas. Oh there's an entire volume for them. We've had four bills from them since we moved here (we're on their dual tariff for gas and elec, I keep meaning to switch but as per the swimming bag incident, I'm fundamentally lazy).

Bill 1: billed for imperial units. We have metric meter. No seriously, BG, we do.

Bill 2: random numbers. I don't think it's possible to use negative gas.

Bill 3: what bill? Never arrived. No, BG, I don't want to pay by DD because quite obviously I'm not about to trust you with access to my bank account.

Bill 4: Gas but no electric. Electric arrives a week later. £500. Argh, say I, oh wait, it's got the previous gas bill added as an outstanding balance (way to give a granny a heart attack). Oh, and they sent the wonderstuff that are G4S around to read the meter, but they despite the two meters being right next to each other, they still estimated the electricity reading.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6217 on: 25 March, 2015, 11:45:51 am »
Toes, bah!  I b0rked my left little toe after a collision with a six tonne sideboard in the opening overs of 1994.  It had just about stopped hurting when the right one suffered the same fate after attacking a chair during the World Cup final :(

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6218 on: 25 March, 2015, 04:04:28 pm »
I am just now at the peak (I hope) of the mother of all man 'flu attacks.  Last week's smog set my asthma off and since then I haven't felt great at all.
I took the Sardar out yesterday, but could immediately feel my heart wasn't in it.  Literally.  I recognised that my heart was under strain.  So I turned back home before hitting the bumpy bits. 
Total mileage this weekend = 2.1 miles.
Went to bed at eight and slept fitfully on and off all night.  Just been to bed this afternoon and woke up just now feeling even worse.

Been thinking about Steve and how risky it is keeping his health.  If this happened to him, he would either loose four days, 850 miles.  Or risk riding through it doing what miles he could and also risking long term damage.

Stay healthy, Steve.

Bloody hell!  No, that wasn't the peak.  Since I posted that I spent 48 hours sleeping and shivering.  Today I've crawled out of the pit as I assumed I must be hungry by now.  Seems I'm not.
Mrs B has been sleeping in the spare room and the dog won't come anywhere near me.  What do they know?
Mrs B says that if I die:
A:  she'll f'ing kill me.
B:  she'll never speak to me again.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6219 on: 25 March, 2015, 04:13:55 pm »
You know when you get a bit of your fingernail ripped off and it's all horrible and ragged and you've no means to trim or file it? That.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6220 on: 25 March, 2015, 09:28:03 pm »
I can recommend the Leatherman Micra as a toy for every bumbag or handbag.
Includes file, scissors, tweezers, blade and several screwdrivers.

http://www.leatherman-store.co.uk/multi-tools-c27/micra-multi-tool-stainless-steel-p124

My Mum has been most impressed whenever I had need to use mine in her company (usually for a battle with the wrappers of very strictly Kosher food).
Maybe I will buy one for her...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #6221 on: 25 March, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »
Except your carry on bag, of course.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6222 on: 25 March, 2015, 09:43:04 pm »

El-Al did not stop me on either flight last week.
I forgot I had it on flight #1 and there was no problem.
Mum reminded me of its presence on flight#2 but there was no issue as the blade was <6cm.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6223 on: 26 March, 2015, 08:36:36 am »

El-Al did not stop me on either flight last week.
I forgot I had it on flight #1 and there was no problem.
Mum reminded me of its presence on flight#2 but there was no issue as the blade was <6cm.

This, airlines are a lot more relaxed about it now, I have a Leatherman Style CS, like this: http://www.leathermans.co.uk/Leatherman-Style-CS-Combo.html and had no problems, admittedly on domestic flights.  I always remembered to actually take it out of my carry on, though and place it in the tray for security check.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #6224 on: 26 March, 2015, 03:10:06 pm »
Out of curiosity I checked what Luton Airport has to say on the matter...

"You may, providing the blade is less than 6cm in length, does not lock into place and it is simply a folding pocket knife.

However, if the "Swiss Army" knife has a corkscrew on it then it will not be permitted"

:-\

We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)