Author Topic: ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz  (Read 1253 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
« on: 30 January, 2011, 10:31:59 am »
How worn-out Britain finally woke up to its chronic sleep problem | Life and style | The Observer

I'm fairly fortunate in living a mostly stress-free existence these days, but it wasn't always like that. I've had my successions of sleepless nights*. If I was still awake at 1 a.m., having gone to bed around 12, I'd get up, have some food, and write. In the computer age, of course, this becomes posting on YACF.

What's your coping strategy?

*I don't count nights where the sleeplessness is caused by arthritic pain.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
Re: ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
« Reply #1 on: 30 January, 2011, 10:36:19 am »
Decaff tea + world service - works every time.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 30 January, 2011, 10:37:06 am »
Decaff tea + world service - works every time.

Well, the government haven't scrapped decaf tea so far as I know.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #3 on: 30 January, 2011, 03:33:59 pm »
So am I actually asleep and dreaming that I'm awake and listening to the world service??

« Reply #4 on: 30 January, 2011, 03:42:04 pm »
I cope very well with sleepness nights by working night shifts for bonus dosh. When I get home afterwards I am tired enough to sleep just fine, and if not I can get some jobs around the house done until the evening when I can crash out unconscious anyway! I find that working stupidly long shifts at all hours of the day and night trains me very well to sleep instantly whenever I get the chance. It is good training for Audax  ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 30 January, 2011, 03:51:09 pm »
I cope very well with sleepness nights by working night shifts for bonus dosh. When I get home afterwards I am tired enough to sleep just fine, and if not I can get some jobs around the house done until the evening when I can crash out unconscious anyway! I find that working stupidly long shifts at all hours of the day and night trains me very well to sleep instantly whenever I get the chance. It is good training for Audax  ;D

My experience precisely!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6 on: 30 January, 2011, 03:59:26 pm »
Last night I didn't go to bed till 6 am!  ::-) There's no particular reason, certainly no stress, health problem or outside disturbance. I just get into this rut of another chapter of a book, another sudoku ( ::-)) another cup of tea, another post on YACF, etc. Then it gets cold and I need another cup of tea or to put the heating on cos I hate going to bed cold. I sometimes put it down to a latent self-destructive tendency which expresses itself in this way because I don't smoke and hardly drink - though I do not think beer is the answer.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.