Author Topic: What's the last gig you went to see?  (Read 233455 times)

Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Reply #1700 on: 23 May, 2024, 10:58:22 pm »
Peat and Diesel at Oran Mor, Glasgow.   Superb gig, best I’ve been to in a while. 

« Reply #1701 on: 24 May, 2024, 01:33:49 am »
Were they on form then?

Seen them a couple of times in London (as well as the couple of songs they did at the Celtic Connections anniversary concert last year), and each time it's seemed like there's a lot more to give. Maybe it's that they've been a long way from home turf, maybe just jaded from touring, but I've never felt the gig's been what it could have been.

« Reply #1702 on: 24 May, 2024, 09:32:26 am »
Boydie was struggling a bit with his voice so there was a bit less banter than usual according to my mates.   But they played a full 2hr set in that small venue to a crowd who knew a lot of the songs and made it a cracking atmosphere.   Apparently it was their first time together in some months.  A bit of making it up as they went on I think. 

They were booked at Oran mor a wee while back but due to demand they did 2 nights at barrowlands instead and this was them making good on their commitment to Oran mor.   

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1703 on: Today at 12:08:26 am »
Last night was Ruby Turner. Great rapport with the audience, and really happy to be performing.

It is simpler than it looks.