Author Topic: 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs  (Read 6837 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs
« Reply #25 on: 25 June, 2022, 05:41:19 pm »
Someone wants badly to produce “100 Greatest Cycling Descents” :D
Sounds like my sort of guide.

But I'm after all out speed without shitting myself
Craigowl fails on this, the 30% descent is just intimidating and you're looking straight down the hill at cow shit.

I've never gone off the clisham towards Tarbert bit I suspect it would suffer the same problem, there's also a corner at the bottom.

Clisham I to ardvourlie, cracker, can take the hairpins faster on the bike than the car.

Lecht into Strathdon, spoilt by the wind and the switchbacks

Lecht Into Glenlivet, fucking hell I hit 90 after a good kick after the cattle grid and saw a jink between Bridge parapets that I've never seen since.

Cairnwell into braemar, I somehow always get a headwind, never as fast as the night I rode it on a full aus mtb, don't understand why

Cairnwell into Glenshee, good kick gets me 80, many are intimidated by this because of the curves, me too but if the roads quiet then your only problem is the sheep and deer cos its obviously nighttime

Best descent
Road from Rodel to leverburgh, a good kick gess you past 80 but its a gentle lead in so can build up a decent speed before the descent, single track road, I got held up by a car, when I watched back on video there were more sheep than I noticed.

Can rate them using ratings of
Balls outness
Technical difficulty
Wildlife bonus points

But I can't be arsed.

Sent from my IV2201 using Tapatalk