Off Topic > The Pub

what I have learned today.

<< < (1249/1259) > >>

T42:
If you need to oil your front derailleur, do it the night before you ride and not immediately beforehand.  Mine was sticky for the first 40k and fine thereafter: it took that long for the oil to penetrate.

rafletcher:
That John Ashe, the brother of Arthur Ashe, volunteered for a second tour of Vietnam so that Arthur wouldn’t need to serve there and could continue his tennis career.

rafletcher:
Watching some wallpaper (well, reading whilst my wife fell asleep to some wallpaper) I learnt that there is a very un-wolf like Spotted Wolf (more like a short haired hyena). Also that on the Galapagos there is a Vampire Finch that pecks at Boobies, principally to annoy them off the nest so eggs can be stolen, but that takes advantage by drinking the blood it draws.

Zipperhead:
By the end of the last little disagreement between the Germanic tribes and almost everybody else, a brown bear had been promoted to the rank of Corporal in the Polish army

ian:
I discovered you can put '&' in xlookup in Excel to combine two lookup criteria. This gave me inordinate pleasure. Still, spare a moment for those array formulae, now left to contemplate the void.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version