General Category > LEL 2022

Nameplates

(1/5) > >>

alfapete:
On previous LELs (and PBPs too) riders have had the option of a nameplate to attach to the bike perhaps displaying the flag of your country of origin and your real and/or yacf name. They're intended as a way in to conversations along the way, and make a great souvenir afterwards. These are in addition to your rider number which will be provided by the ride organisers.
In 2017 I did the admin for these and they were provided at nominal cost.
It took a fair amount of time and a large number of emails to organise but it was very rewarding to see them displayed as the riders arrived at Barnard Castle where I was the controller.
Would anyone like to take over the provision of these this time around? I'll do it myself if there's not a volunteer but happy to hand it over if someone is keen.

ealer:
Hi Pete
I've learnt a huge amount from these pages so if I can help in a small way I'd be happy to take over - feel free to drop me a line.

MikeFromLFE:
Did you also supply the equivalent YACF volunteer badges?

alfapete:

--- Quote from: MikeFromLFE on 26 January, 2022, 08:37:42 am ---Did you also supply the equivalent YACF volunteer badges?

--- End quote ---

Indeed, I did. They weren't hugely popular so I was undecided about bothering with them this time but that's a decision for the next organiser, perhaps.
I've PM'd ealer.

Wycombewheeler:

--- Quote from: alfapete on 25 January, 2022, 01:50:21 pm ---On previous LEL's (and PBP's too) riders have had the option of a nameplate to attach to the bike perhaps displaying the flag of your country of origin .....         

--- End quote ---
Some riders who plan ahead are still wearing their PBP frame plate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version