Author Topic: Rubbish Strava  (Read 4920 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Rubbish Strava
« Reply #25 on: 06 May, 2022, 12:39:22 pm »

The only real answer is to expose such rubbish and hit them in the pocket…. Just dont use them.

Anybody else made similar observations or troubles with Strava?

I’m sure me stopping using my free subscription will really hit them where it hurts, except I like Strava. Like any other app it has features that I don’t use, but others may find essential.

Simple answer is if you don’t like it don’t use it, but don’t expect me to join your crusade.

« Reply #26 on: 06 May, 2022, 06:26:06 pm »
I have 16 (yes sixteen) GPS sports watches and 3 bike GPS units. They range from an 18 year old Garmin wrist based GPS to the latest Garmin / Cronos / Polar /  Suunto units.

As expected the older units do not perform quite as well as the latest gear, especially round town, but all perform well in open country.

I don’t get the Strava problems the OP reports on any on my devices. Never used a phone based GPS but, if I did, I certainly wouldn’t place it in a pocket.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 06 May, 2022, 07:44:36 pm »
I routinely use my phone to record the occasional walk and utility rides that I can't be bothered with the faff of a GPS for.  Usually in a bag, sometimes in a pocket.  As you'd expect, it's not as accurate as a Garmin (particularly in terms of elevation), but it's adequate for the purpose.  This is on Android, so any advice regarding power management or location service settings are irrelevant to the OP.

I did have the Strava app crash once on a previous phone.  Not sure why.