General Category > Audax

Fenland Friends 600km 25/06/2022

(1/12) > >>

Tomsk:
Normal service is resumed (almost): a basic  breakfast at the start, all commercial controls bar just the one info control, and a pub finish. You'll maybe twice meet riders on Yorkshire via Essex (Flatlands Reversed) 600km, which starts from Sleaford. The only glitch this year is that there's a wedding at St Mary's so the car park can't be used. (Understandably, there's a bit of a wedding backlog!)

It's a PBP 'pre-qualifier' as it's a BRM event, so is proving popular. Currently standing at 75 entries - I'll close it when we get to 100 and start a waiting list.

As flat as ever, (my helpers and I will check to make sure the weekend before!), lots of 24-hour McDonalds and garages, a few Wetherspoons too, with more cabbages and other vegetables, lazy rivers and drains than you'll see anywhere else in Britain. And probably a hideously exposed head-windy stage or two at some point. Current info and routesheet on the AUK website with GPS tracks available at tomsk.co.uk nearer the time.

John Stonebridge:
My in person work trips to That London have resumed and pleasingly will allow my participation in this event.

I'll be heading by train from London to this event (heading out Friday mid afternoon, back Monday mid morning)

Having gone via Bishops Stortford and Braintree before with varying degrees of enjoyment I think I'll give Elsenham a try this time for a 16km pootle. 

I booked the Prem Inn Canwick for the Saturday night ages ago, so will probably add in a small deviation to check in around the 200km mark and return at 370km or so. 

Staying at the Travelodge Friday night which Im sure may feature a few fellow participants - might venture up to the Angel & Harp for dinner.     

Redlight:

--- Quote from: John Stonebridge on 20 May, 2022, 07:04:33 pm ---
I'll be heading by train from London to this event (heading out Friday mid afternoon, back Monday mid morning)

Having gone via Bishops Stortford and Braintree before with varying degrees of enjoyment I think I'll give Elsenham a try this time for a 16km pootle.   

--- End quote ---

I've taken the Stansted Express a few times for Tom's events. That's a very short ride to Gt Dunmow. Officially, bikes aren't allowed but I've never been stopped.

John Stonebridge:

--- Quote from: Redlight on 21 May, 2022, 09:57:56 pm ---
--- Quote from: John Stonebridge on 20 May, 2022, 07:04:33 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I've taken the Stansted Express a few times for Tom's events. That's a very short ride to Gt Dunmow. Officially, bikes aren't allowed but I've never been stopped.

--- End quote ---

interesting thanks.  I'll give that a try as plan A and if I get hooked I can always fall back on the officially permitted options. 

Tomsk:
Filling up fast! I can cope with a few over the 100 planned for, given a typical 20-30% DNS rate, but may have to close the event earlier than the nominal 18th June cut-off. In that eventuality, I'll start a waiting list to fill the advance DNS notifications as they come in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version