General Category > Freewheeling

Cheap Lithium Batteries

(1/4) > >>

teethgrinder:
While in Tescos last night, I spied the Energiser lithium batteries were £3.97 for a pack of 4. Same price for AA and AAA. They are usualy £6.75 or so.
Offer ends on 5th August.
Also selling aluminium camping kettles for £3. I bought one to replace one I bought in 2005 for £5 which now has a hole in it.

I have no business interest in Tesco, except maybe that my mum works at one of their stores.

mattc:
These are back.

Bit worried they have been repackaged as "DIGITAL" i.e. aimed at cameras. Hope they are the same battery, or at least still good for AA lights.

Jules:
I think this has been pointed out before but if you have a  99p shop near you they are currently full of Energizer 'Energi to go' mobile phone rechargers suitable for Motorola phones.

I don't have a Motorola phone either but included in the pack are two Ultimate Lithium AA batteries which works out at £1.98 for four

Biggsy:

--- Quote from: mattc on 14 July, 2009, 11:57:02 am ---These are back.

Bit worried they have been repackaged as "DIGITAL" i.e. aimed at cameras. Hope they are the same battery, or at least still good for AA lights.

--- End quote ---

They're probably the same, and certainly good for AA lights.

7DayShop are even cheaper than the Tesco special offer (with free post as well) thanks to zero VAT on small purchases from Guernsey.... But not cheaper than 99p Store - which I will be investigating!

Biggsy:
I have now raided my nearest 99p Store.  Yes, it seems a good deal!

My only concern is that neither the pack or the batteries are marked with a Use By date.  Lithium batteries are famous for their long shelf life, but still it's nice to have them as fresh as possible, especially when bulk buying.  These packs could have been hanging around for some years already, for all I know.

EDIT: Date on batteries now found: 2021.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version