General Category > Freewheeling

Cheap Lithium Batteries

<< < (4/4)

toontra:

--- Quote from: Zoidburg on 18 July, 2009, 08:27:34 pm ---The date is printed on the batteries, mine were 2011 IIRC.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it - more likely 2021 for the reason above.

Biggsy:
I looked at the batteries and didn't see a date.  Now I've looked again and can see "2021"!  :thumbsup:

Thank you!  I'm going back to the shop with a wheelbarrow.

Greenbank:
25% off at Maplin too. Just bought 5 packs (12 AA and 8 AAA) for LEL as I'm leaving the SON hub and Solidlights at home. :)

JonBuoy:
A bit of an old thread but...

I was after some backup Energizer Ultimate AA Lithium cells and keeping my eyes open for any deals as I wince a bit at the usual price of £5.50 for a 4 pack.

Spotted that Boots had them on offer for £4 but only available in store so popped into the one in town on Monday evening which allegedly had them in stock.  The helpful store assistant explained that their stock control system was rubbish and that they didn't actually have any  ::-)

Yesterday I planned my evening exercise to pass the next nearest Boots expecting a similar tale and sure enough there were none on display.  When I enquired I was shown a container with a random assortment of batteries that had literally just been cleared off the shelves as Boots are stopping selling them.  There were a few shiny Lithium blister packs in there and when I checked on the price I was told that they were £1.75 a pack  :o   I bought 'sufficient'.

Squinting through the blister pack the use by date appears to be December 2041.  If anyone is after some it is worth asking in store but I wouldn't hang about.  I wouldn't bother with the Loughborough or Thurmaston branches...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version