Random Musings > Gallery

Edinburgh's Sheldon Memorial Ride

(1/2) > >>

blackpuddinonnabike:
Seems the weather put a lot of people off (probably understandably, though later in the day it cleared up really nicely - photos of other things to follow). But a nice wee group, had a proper minute's silence at 1pm, the rode up round Arthur's Seat.

Low key, but just seemed right....

Chris Hill, the organiser

Gathering for the Silence

Riders mking it up Arthur's Seat

And refueling there

While discussing Bents

kyuss:
I'm totally gutted I didn't make it. Had been looking forward to it all week. My freehub decided last night was a good time to give up the ghost and my other bike is still in bits. >:(

blackpuddinonnabike:
Ah, I can let you off with that as an excuse then...  :P

Wasn't sure I was going to make it - feeling rather rough today, but after spending last night and this morning fettling I wasn't going to miss it! Arthur's Seat was a struggle though!

The weather had given second thoughts as well, but that cleared up really nicely for the speedway.

richie_b:

--- Quote from: blackpuddinonnabike on 06 April, 2008, 06:49:07 pm ---Arthur's Seat was a struggle though!

--- End quote ---

It didn't look like you were struggling from about 500m behind as I went backwards  ;)
I'm sure it was the lock in my top bag & not my disastrously bad climbing that held me back this time!
*coughs unconvincingly*

Good to have a decent turn out to mark the passing of Sheldon Brown: he will be sorely missed...

& good to talk to folk in the flesh I've known for a while on line
*waves at becky & anth*

blackpuddinonnabike:

--- Quote from: richie_b on 08 April, 2008, 11:37:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: blackpuddinonnabike on 06 April, 2008, 06:49:07 pm ---Arthur's Seat was a struggle though!

--- End quote ---

It didn't look like you were struggling from about 500m behind as I went backwards  ;)

--- End quote ---

That's cos I didn't stop to retrieve the lung I coughed up on the steep bit....   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version