1 clove of garlic ,crushed
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
pinch of chili powder
8 oz. frozen vegan flaky pastry

Instructions:
-----------------------------------------------------
To make the filling, mix together chestnut purée, onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, bread crumbs, and chili powder. Let stand for a few minutes to allow it to thicken. Set oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured board, roll the pastry out thinly and cut into long strips about 2 inches wide. Roll balls of the chestnut mixture into “sausages” about the width of a pencil. Dampen the edges of the pastry with cold water, then roll them around the chestnut mixture, pressing the edges together. Prick the pastry with a fork, then cut into 1-inch lengths and place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crisp. Makes 48 rolls.

Phil:
Wouldn't it be simpler to start a new thread for each food? Then other people can post their own recipes and experiences without it getting too confusing.  An index thread could be handy though. 

Julian:
I'm just following tradition... I quite liked the recipe thread at the old place as it meant all the recipes were in one place and not spread over 150 pages...

Maffie:
Ingredients

2 Aubergines
2 Courgettes
Garlic (I love loads - at least 2-3 cloves)
Butter
Oil
Lasagne sheets (6)
Passasta sauce
Bechamel sauce
Mozzarella (chopped)
Chedder (grated)
Herbs (mixed or oregano)

Preheat oven to 200
Slice aubergines and fry in a little oil for 2-3 minutes then set aside
Slice courgettes and added to pan with butter and garlic for 1-2 minutes, remove and set aside
Place half of aubergine and courgettes in oven proof dish add half the mozarella then half the passata. A sprikle of herbs then top with pasta sheets.
Next repeat process with the rest of the ingredients then add the bechamel sauce to top layer of pasta and then cover that in chedder and cook for 30 minutes.

Tastes great the next day too

Pete:
OK, copied verbatim from another thread.

Canellini bean & Olive paté.

(I think I may have posted this before in the old place.  Quite simple to make: you need a food processor).

4 oz. dried canellini beans.
2 oz. sundried tomatoes (not fresh tomatoes).
2 oz. kalamata olives.
olive oil.
chopped fresh basil
pepper.

Soak the beans overnight and cook until soft.  Drain and blend in food processor with enough olive oil to make a smooth paste, and basil and pepper (do not add salt).
Soak the tomatoes in water about 20-30 minutes, drain and squeeze out excess water: chop finely; stone and chop the olives.  Mix everything up.  You have a paté!  It will keep a few days in the fridge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version