Author Topic: #bloodycyclistsagain  (Read 5223 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
#bloodycyclistsagain
« on: 06 January, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Re: #bloodycyclistsagain
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:46:33 pm »
Let's be clear - there's no evidence that he hit anyone. The Twitter Angry Cyclist Pitchfork Mob strikes again. While I don't think it was remotely funny, I think sacking the guy is a massive overreaction, and I'm sure this'll go to a tribunal pretty quickly.

spindrift

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2015, 06:48:07 pm »
Nope, Bringing the company into disrepute, he'd also posted some nasty racist stuff, jokes about rape and "selling vaseline outside schools" which I don't, even.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2015, 07:28:23 pm »
Let's be clear - there's no evidence that he hit anyone. The Twitter Angry Cyclist Pitchfork Mob strikes again.
If you pretend to do something like this as a form of macho attention-seeking,  you deserve everythinbg you get.

Your so-called "Pitchfork Mob" are not the bad guys here.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »
As he's been described as a 'graduate' I assume he's fairly new to the company, so no possibility of tribunal.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2015, 09:41:53 pm »
Let's be clear - there's no evidence that he hit anyone. The Twitter Angry Cyclist Pitchfork Mob strikes again. While I don't think it was remotely funny, I think sacking the guy is a massive overreaction, and I'm sure this'll go to a tribunal pretty quickly.

Hargreaves Lansdown is a company that depends on being seen as trustworthy.  They want people to trust them with their life savings.  One of their directors appears on BBC breakfast etc, and so forth.  I am not surprised they sacked him; why should they tolerate an employee who damages their good name?
Move Faster and Bake Things

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2015, 09:47:32 pm »
As he's been described as a 'graduate' I assume he's fairly new to the company, so no possibility of tribunal.

I wouldn't bank on that.

If he started this September, he's probably still in his probationary period so I agree with you. 

He might have started on last September's graduate entry though, and would be well past the point where he could take them to a tribunal over an unfair dismissal.

« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2015, 10:08:25 pm »

I wouldn't bank on that.

If he started this September, he's probably still in his probationary period so I agree with you. 

He might have started on last September's graduate entry though, and would be well past the point where he could take them to a tribunal over an unfair dismissal.

Nope.

Minimum of two years' service to claim unfair dismissal on grounds other than discrimination (race, sex, disability etc) and victimisation for union membership. Allowing people to claim after just 12 months' service harms the flexibility of the workforce and damages the labour market, or some such ((TM) A Tory).

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #8 on: 08 January, 2015, 10:03:41 am »
Aah okay, I thought it went with the probationary period.  Now I know better.

« Reply #9 on: 08 January, 2015, 10:10:11 am »
Well at least he's learned that actions have consequences. Prat.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

spindrift

« Reply #10 on: 08 January, 2015, 01:06:47 pm »

« Reply #11 on: 08 January, 2015, 02:20:31 pm »
Has that been brought to the attention of his employers?

[Edit] Ah yes. I see it has. I wonder whether he'll be sacked.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #12 on: 08 January, 2015, 02:27:58 pm »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B60ZyETIIAArh6a.png:large

Fund Manager at the same firm.
Swap "cyclist" for black, gay,  muslim, taffy ... etc ... and he'd be up before a judge.

<sigh>
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #13 on: 08 January, 2015, 02:32:25 pm »
@MarkyMarkWalter may be a fake account.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #14 on: 08 January, 2015, 03:36:51 pm »
From memory it was set up before 2010.

Seems well planned to set up a fake account over 5 years ago, just waiting for this moment?
It is simpler than it looks.

red marley

« Reply #15 on: 22 March, 2015, 12:36:11 pm »
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it... (that's hit and run red light jumping tweeters and cyberbullies alike)

I just knocked a cyclist off his bike with my wing mirror I was driving like 10mph I didn't stop because he got up??

« Reply #16 on: 22 March, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »
Failing to learn or as was drummed into me as a kid, 'Never shit on your own doorstep'

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #17 on: 22 March, 2015, 01:15:58 pm »
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it... (that's hit and run red light jumping tweeters and cyberbullies alike)

I just knocked a cyclist off his bike with my wing mirror I was driving like 10mph I didn't stop because he got up??

"Like 10 mph"? Or like 15 or maybe 20?-
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #18 on: 22 March, 2015, 01:22:20 pm »

She also said

Why do fucking cyclist ride in the fucking road cunts

::-)
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #19 on: 22 March, 2015, 01:42:15 pm »
Maybe she could take over Top Gear.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #20 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »
Such a pleasant personality portrayed in 140 characters or fewer.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

spindrift

« Reply #21 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:34:19 pm »
[​IMG]* @_hxrleyquinn · 5m5 minutes ago
If a fxxxxxx cyclist is riding outside of the cycle lane and wobbling, my wing mirror will of course knock him off

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #22 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »
Keeping digging, dear.  Stop at around two metres...
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

spindrift

« Reply #23 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:45:57 pm »
These people serve on juries.

« Reply #24 on: 22 March, 2015, 02:46:48 pm »

"Like 10 mph"? Or like 15 or maybe 20?-

The driver who knocked me off a few years back was doing like 15 mph at the time of collision, and he said in court that he drove off because he saw me get up so I must have been ok. He was convicted.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.