Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 463386 times)

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #725 on: 31 January, 2016, 12:50:29 pm »
Dear snot system, sort yourself out ffs!  I know it's January and you're contractually obliged to make my life a constant misery with fluctuating ENT lurgification but I'm BORED. Go and annoy someone else, preferably someone who never gets sick and needs to gain some empathy!

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #726 on: 31 January, 2016, 08:55:34 pm »
But not me ^^
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

barakta

« Reply #727 on: 31 January, 2016, 09:12:46 pm »
ElyDave: You have empathy, you're spared! (And have enough shite on your plate, I mean people who don't have shite on plates too!) ;) #WhenIAmADeity

« Reply #728 on: 01 February, 2016, 10:38:58 am »
back at work

arm not really sore, but is getting puffy and tight in cast, even with elbow on desk and hanf in air
<i>Marmite slave</i>

barakta

« Reply #729 on: 01 February, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »
That's possibly a sign of 'difficulty', hope you can get it more wedged in the air and perhaps some medical advice from someone just to check it's safe for you in work.  You might be better lying down and arm up for example!  Don't wreck your arm for anyone, arms are precious.

« Reply #730 on: 01 February, 2016, 12:52:30 pm »
at home I took regular breaks and laid down; not really possible here :|
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #731 on: 01 February, 2016, 01:00:55 pm »
Sounds like it's unwise to be at work, unless you can arrange to reduce swelling in your arm.
Barakta knows, arms are precious!

barakta

« Reply #732 on: 01 February, 2016, 03:02:03 pm »
I agree with Helly, it sounds like you still need lying down regular breaks...  A friend who had a wrist injury a bit like yours (he's a programmer) had to have several weeks off work for recovery :/

ION: Snot can fuck right off. Going to stick it out till 4pm but I'm not achieving anything and I keep fucking even simple stuff up which makes me unsafe to do student work!

« Reply #733 on: 01 February, 2016, 05:53:52 pm »
I was a good boy, came home and laid down with arm in the air.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

barakta

« Reply #734 on: 01 February, 2016, 05:55:06 pm »
You tried, you gave it a good shot and it was too soon. No one can say you didn't try, not even the voice in your head...  Hope a few more days makes all the difference Mr C!

« Reply #735 on: 01 February, 2016, 06:19:44 pm »
lol I'll be back in work tomorrow, I have a demo to present, been working on it over the weekend

Just been good resting
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #736 on: 01 February, 2016, 06:26:40 pm »
Good luck with the demo but be gentle to yourself when it's done.

You aren't ready for full-time work yet!

« Reply #737 on: 01 February, 2016, 07:17:47 pm »
I still have a cathier in 😢 . I have phoned both wexham and heatherwood hospital s and have been promised replys since Thursday .I am seeing the doctor tomorrow so I will see if he can get any sense out of them .this is getting very frustrating and depressing. If it takes this long to get the cathier out I hate to think how long it will take to do the tests to hopefully sort the problem out  :(
the slower you go the more you see

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #738 on: 01 February, 2016, 08:01:06 pm »
I still have a cathier in 😢 . I have phoned both wexham and heatherwood hospital s and have been promised replys since Thursday .I am seeing the doctor tomorrow so I will see if he can get any sense out of them .this is getting very frustrating and depressing. If it takes this long to get the cathier out I hate to think how long it will take to do the tests to hopefully sort the problem out  :(

O'm afraid if you want to get ANYTHING done in the NHS, there are  times when you can lose the will to live hanging on the phone, going round and round and round and round and round in circles!

It's a horrible state of affairs and I do sympathise!

I really fear for those who don't do phones or waiting well. I'm sure many people come to harm 'slipping through the net'.

Hope you're sorted soon!

« Reply #739 on: 02 February, 2016, 08:16:19 am »
Ironically enough I have just read a report on how much wexham park hospital had improved over the last 2 years  ::-)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #740 on: 02 February, 2016, 10:50:06 am »
Haven't we all? It's on Auntie's website.
Read that and thought of you...

« Reply #741 on: 02 February, 2016, 06:23:28 pm »
Well as I was speeding along to the doctor this morning on the mobility scooter ( faster than a speeding slug ) I received a call from heatherwood hospital .they said wexham park had said that the had a catheter fitted on Thursday !!!!,I should come to the hospital on Thursday to have a trial  cathier removal. She was most surprised to hear how long it has actually been in. This evening the tube is causing blood at the despite me using both clotrimazole cream and instillagel gel . roll on Thursday  ::-)

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #742 on: 03 February, 2016, 02:16:45 pm »
Got my bill today for Saturday's trip to A&E and my ultrasound of kidneys and bladder. Total 97,49€ which is pretty reasonable as it was a Saturday.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #743 on: 04 February, 2016, 11:57:04 am »
re-plastered, xrayed and assessed

another check next week - if progress continues then "I wont need srgery and probably only need a cast another 4 weeks"
<i>Marmite slave</i>

barakta

« Reply #744 on: 04 February, 2016, 01:24:55 pm »
Great news! Hope healing continues smoothly.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #745 on: 04 February, 2016, 01:47:20 pm »
Barakta's curst from reply #725 has got me. Either that or I caught it from Dez, who has been coughing and spluttering like a bastard for a few days. This is a monumental pain in the arse as I had made a dental appointment for tomorrow to attend to the tooth whose filling dropped out whilst at Clapham bunkhouse last weekend (sorry Ruthie!  :-[) and I don't feel like lying on my back with someone pocking sharp sticks into my mouth whilst I am very liable to  have a coughing fit.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #746 on: 04 February, 2016, 02:24:57 pm »
re-plastered, xrayed and assessed

another check next week - if progress continues then "I wont need srgery and probably only need a cast another 4 weeks"

Here's hoping.  :thumbsup:
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #747 on: 04 February, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »
Well I got to heatherwood hospital today by bus and they removed the cathier . after a lot of drinking I failed to pass enough water and so they have put in a tube and tap . I have ridden into town this evening and back but I will have to find a way to stop my clothing chaffing on the tube as I am ridding . the plan now is the tube stays in for 3 weeks then back to heatherwood hospital to see if I can manage without it . after that some pressure test's to hopefully find the cause of the problem's and sort out a cure ☺

« Reply #748 on: 04 February, 2016, 08:22:42 pm »
that sounds thoroughly unpleasant!
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #749 on: 05 February, 2016, 08:18:16 am »
I admit that it's not the most fun I have had . it is proving to be more comfortable than the leg bag so far ☺